Can't believe I'm saying this, I'm meeting my ex this Thursday.

ThatKidBilly

As briefly as possible, me and my ex split up quite a good while back where we dated for just under six months in 2013 until a string of communication problems caused too many fights that brought both of us down, it was an unfair breakup and both of us said that we both regretted it, we never really gave getting back together a chance and just went as just plain online friends. I don't feel that there's been much attraction between us since either, I have been mostly focusing on other girls and she to other boys.

I will skip the whole story but this Thursday I'm going to meet up with my ex with a mutual friend, as far as signs go it's just a friendly catch up, but this is the first time I have actually seen her in person for 18 months, roughly two months before we broke up .. Much like for the past month I want to get back together with her, and if anything this is actually a good chance to get some good ground between us so I can work towards getting her back.

What's everyone's thoughts?

Edited by ThatKidBilly
  • Author
Who broke up with whom? Who initiated the meet up?

It was her that put the first foundations down to break up but we both considered the breakup to be mutual, neither of us wanted to hurt the other any more than what already was done as around that time we were constantly fighting like mad, we tried to fix things for the majority of September 2013 until neither of us could take it any longer.

It was her that initiated the meetup, she spoke to a mutual friend last night and both agreed on meeting up, they talked about bringing someone along with and long behold my name came up, she doesn't seem against meeting up even some jokey comments back and forth but nothing flirty, if I play my cards right there's a chance we do get back together.

It was her that put the first foundations down to break up but we both considered the breakup to be mutual, neither of us wanted to hurt the other any more than what already was done as around that time we were constantly fighting like mad, we tried to fix things for the majority of September 2013 until neither of us could take it any longer.

It was her that initiated the meetup, she spoke to a mutual friend last night and both agreed on meeting up, they talked about bringing someone along with and long behold my name came up, she doesn't seem against meeting up even some jokey comments back and forth but nothing flirty, if I play my cards right there's a chance we do get back together.

sounds good that things are turning around for you and you are happy with that. i would suggest to leave the past behind. at least the bad times.. i think time has been long enough for you not to really need to talk to much about that. dont take anything for granted and be the guy she fell in love with and not the guy she broke up with. theres not much else you can do.. let her work a little for you perhaps

• Like 1

It's been long enough that you could possibly go for a second chance. I doubt it would happen, but you never know. You said you want her back, so that alone is worrisome. You have more invested than her. I would say to take is easy and don't bring up the past. Just try to enjoy the night, and go from there.

• Like 1
AlexfromBoston

Well, for starters, don't bring up any of the negative emotions that plagued your relationship. Basically, keep it light and fun and avoid any of the dramatic BS. Talk about the good times only and don't make the mistake of asking, "want to try it again" or "can we give it another shot". Play it cool, keep it cool and treat this "date" as if it was your first encounter. Women are drawn to masculinity and confidence, so don't lose your bearing and have an emotional breakdown. Good luck.

You're doing what I did. You're using this as false hope to get her back. I met my ex for a movie last month after a year passed since our breakup. All it did was stir up my emotions and feelings for her again. We say we just want to,be friends yet we know thats BS. I can't recommend that you should do this. There is a reason exes can't be friends.