Girlfriend told me she needs a break

So Yesterday my girlfriend found out that I had told her the same thing as my ex. This made my girlfriend really upset as I had made her feel special and had broken that. I apolizied and then let her be.

Today When i went to talk to her, she said that we needed a break. She said she has forgive me for what happened but needs time to find a way to forgive me. She's not broken up with me, just taking a break to sort it out.

I really miss her and I'm worried that she may not forgive me

AlexfromBoston

Hey Chris, I wouldn't sweat this too much, it sounds like it will be temporary break. I mean, it sounds like she may feel as though you take her for granted and don't appreciate the subtle little things that make up a proper relationship. If possible, shoot her a text, apologize, and agree that some time apart would be beneficial to "the BOTH of us". At this point, you should go NC for at least a few weeks. If possible, try to hold out until the holidays roll around. At that point, you could always shoot her a text, wishing her a happy holidays. I would bet that she will contact you within a span of two weeks.

Hey bro, you're not alone here. Going through the same kinda thing with my girl, hurt her feelings basically, she feels like I'm not serious about her. Just give her some space.

I would never ever agree to "a break". Never!

Either it's a break up, or either you solve things in the relationship.

Of course that's me, and everyone has his own view.

It's like she's saying - "You're on probation", to which i would answer - "not any more - bye bye".

• Like 1
  • Author

So Its now an official break up. I'll go NC for now and try again after the holidays.

There's another girl that I wouldn't mind hooking up with so, I'll see what happens

I would never ever agree to "a break". Never!

Either it's a break up, or either you solve things in the relationship.

Of course that's me, and everyone has his own view.

It's like she's saying - "You're on probation", to which i would answer - "not any more - bye bye".

Couldn't agree more with you. Everyone may need a day to be alone...but a "break" is more than that...it's ambiguous and means she's not mature enough or doesn't care enough to work on your mutual problems (it's never just you or her).

Do you want to be with someone who can't work out your mutual problems? Do you know what will happen the next time the s9it hits the fan?

youre together with a girl and you tell her lets say. i love you. then you date another girl and you tell her you love her too. why do you have to feel guilty about telling someone how you feel. let her come back to you. dont chase her, you are making it worse if you appologize. i mean why appologize if you are serious right?. now she will just believe that you were telling her something you didnt mean. stand up for yourself instead.

• Author

Thanks for the support.

I totally agree with not having to apologize if your serious. You can definitely say the same thing twice and mean it both times. You can feel the same way with more than one person. I have the feeling she didn't like me for me and just liked me for treating her decently.