Should I contact him when I visit his town?

Hi all

Last year after a bad breakup, I tried Tinder and matched with a guy while I was travelling in another part of my country.This was wary different to any other Tinder match for me, straight away we hit it off even after realizing we lived 300mi apart we talked every day. We sent each other Christmas and Valentines' presents and were insanely infatuated. We skyped several times. He is amazing, more of a hardass who is tough on everyone including me than a sweetheart..he has a big heart and fierce wit though and we just couldn't get enough.

In Jan he told me he'd been accepted into the army and would being starting in a month. We wrote letters from then until his mid-training break in May which he took in my then city, so we could meet....and what letters!

The night we were scheduled to meet, his host family put on a dinner so we couldn't meet, we only had 12 hours together the next night, a 6 hour date then cuddled all night, no sex. Before he returned he sent me flowers at work.

We wrote again, but the second time he came to visit me in June, he again changed plans at the last minute saying it was the army and he could not control things. He only had 2 days not 7. I was busy one of those days and he thought I would be free for him but I was so frustrated at the changes and the limited time. We ended up arguing about how it wouldn't work out (me), how it would (him), and he stayed but it wasn't the same magic.

He then wanted to see me again, but I said it wouldn't work; I was sure of it.

Fast forward to now, we barely have contact. I get it. I still have very strong feelings for him and want a second chance, for him to understand that I was highly strung and didn't' handle the let down well but I know it wasn't his fault.

A month ago he called me out of the blue to talk. I called him one week later but he seemed much less engaged and didn't respond to my last text.

I asked him by text if we was truly over everything to let me know. He say "I'm not, but I have to sort out my life."

As fate would have it he is now injured and has to take leave from the army. He is taking it in the town I used to live in, and visit often. In a snap chat last weekend he asked me where I was (I'm far away from him).

I am going to be in the town near him next weekend. Should I contact him?

Edited by bolase

I dont see the harm in contacting him.

Yes, he did state his life is in flux so keep that in mind.

But the potential is greater than the risk,; you can assess the state of things now once youre in person.

I say go for it.