Ex wants to meet to catch up

My ex (35 female) and I (33 male) broke up in mid August. She went to Europe for three weeks and we had limited contact. We had both said we wanted to try fwb (the sex was really good), but I wanted to reconcile and she didn't, so it fizzled out.

I messaged her last month to meet (she lives in Montréal and I live in Ottawa, about two hours apart) when I was visiting another friend, but it was too soon for her.

She knew I was coming again this weekend and asked if I wanted to go for lunch where we went for our fourth date, a really nice Italian restaurant. It is lunch, but she said she's free in the evening too.

I'm going to see one of my favourite bands, so I went all out, staying in a really nice hotel. I'm tempted to ask if she wants to come to the show on Monday night, but don't want to come on too strong.

Looking for advice on what to expect here.

Edited by CalvinM
Added information

You should expect to have your emotions thrown into a blender. I can't see anything good coming from this meeting.

Although this morning, she probably wants to reassure herself that you are blinking & breathing based on what happened in your Parliament yesterday. Be safe.

• Like 1
LifeGoesOnMan

yea to be honest.. this is similar to what happened shortly after my break up.

its the beginning of what I call the "forever loop", where you just wait and wait & wait for that "reconciling moment" but it never comes...

this is more of a "see how much you are still on the hook" investigation for her, to see how invested you still are, but she is not looking to reconcile dude, its not going to happen, there will be no magical moment @ this meet up where she decides she still loves you and wants to get back together, not this soon at least.

Its been like 2 months since you broke up dude.

Trust me when I tell you, you don't want to go down this road.

I'd cancel, go no contact indefinitely and until you get the complete '180' , with all the "I made a mistake, I am sorry, I want to get back together" included, I would not entertain this.

warning ya!

• Author

Pretty accurate.

It was nice to see her, but it didn't go anywhere. She walked me to my hotel after we had lunch, gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek, told me I was looking good and that was it.