Is this just friends forever?

CrazyCat17

I've been good friends with this guy for 1.5 years, and we've kissed and all but our relationship never progresses to a BF/GF status. He has an incredible busy schedule(a lot of work) and medical issues so we mutually decided that he didn't have the time to commit to a healthy dating relationship. I really wanted it, but even if he did say "yes" I understand that I wouldn't have been happy with his limited amount of free time.

We text daily, I wait for him to always text first. When there is a long period of time of no conversation he will always be the one to send me a message. He asks me "How are you" and "How's your day?" and wants to know my opinion about clothing... What does this mean?

When we talked about our relationship status, he said that "Maybe its the best to be friends and that you can find someone better than me." I wouldn't think that a guy that liked a girl would ever suggest finding another man. Or did he feel too upset to even think of himself as someone worth dating?

If I was a guy that wanted to break off a relationship (due to the girl being too needy/annoying, or if I was interested in someone else) I wouldn't keep in touch constantly throughout the day via texts or send pictures of projects I'm working on/my pet dog (I like animals).

I know most people suggest NC, but it was a mutual decision of not dating. I know he will think about me with NC since he always contacts me first already. I don't start any conversations.

Do you think he wants to eventually date me? Or is this just friends forever.

(We're in our mid 20's).

sdrawkcaB ssA

Well nothing is forever.

There were times that I had gone through not meeting up to my own expectations. So, I went along thinking that why should I bother with a relationship, even though I was not hurting. Mostly I did not want to burden anyone about my meager life, when most women want to share their happiness with a good life in general.

So you can look at it two ways, yes he will break out of his prison and come to you some day, or he will seem forever lost. Until he finds some solid ground to build upon for himself, he will never feel good enough for anyone.

I've been good friends with this guy for 1.5 years, and we've kissed and all but our relationship never progresses to a BF/GF status. He has an incredible busy schedule(a lot of work) and medical issues so we mutually decided that he didn't have the time to commit to a healthy dating relationship.

When we talked about our relationship status, he said that "Maybe its the best to be friends and that you can find someone better than me." I wouldn't think that a guy that liked a girl would ever suggest finding another man. Or did he feel too upset to even think of himself as someone worth dating?

If I was a guy that wanted to break off a relationship (due to the girl being too needy/annoying, or if I was interested in someone else) I wouldn't keep in touch constantly throughout the day via texts or send pictures of projects I'm working on/my pet dog (I like animals).

I know most people suggest NC, but it was a mutual decision of not dating. I know he will think about me with NC since he always contacts me first already. I don't start any conversations.

Do you think he wants to eventually date me? Or is this just friends forever.

(We're in our mid 20's).

trust your gut. he's just not that into you. sorry. don't waste your youth. find someone that will work you into their life, busy or not, because they can't go a day without you.

He's not interested in a romantic relationship with you. Not now or ever. The no time excuse is bs. If people want to be together, they make it work.

Friends forever. The kisses were a PG rated "benefit" He might be up for more benefits but he doesn't want to be your BF.