Friends and family

tory1012

Does anybody have any situations are advice where the two parties of the relationship want to reconcile however both sides and friends and families don't like them.

It's kind of my situation. We both still love eachother and there is a possibility of reconciliation ( over the past month we have both been working on ourselves ). The only problem is that now our friends and families really dislike both of us.

Has anybody come across this situation? Is it just too hard or does it take time and can things get better. Such a hard situation to be in :(

Why do friends and family dislike you/him? They're usually on to someone. Maybe they don't see you guys as being good for one another.

That does sound hard...and a little weird that both sides don't like the other side AND your side to the extent you describe. Take a little time to look at that - does it make sense? Did you guys both do some horrendous stuff? (Those are rhetorical questions).

However, if you both feel you can work past any bad treatment of each other - and are good for each other those other people will come around...or they won't. If you truly do improve and are better together (and individually) most friends and family will come around - those that don't are dealing with their own issues (but note I used the words "truly do improve").

EmbeddedCortex

Yeah, I'm kind of in a similar situation. I come from a more traditional family and so we are very close and family means a lot. Long story short, I did a lot of venting to my family when my GF dumped me and started sleeping with a rebound. We were separated for 2 months, and then she came back and we are working to see if we can fix things.

However, because I was so hurt, I really talked a lot of **** about her and only talked about her bad attributes to make myself feel better. Well now my family, mainly my parents, hate her, and I'm kind of moving toward forgiving her now that she is back.

Her family doesn't really care to be honest. I know her parents like me a lot. But her siblings encouraged her to dump me, not because they disliked me, but because they were telling her she's 23 and should be free to see what's out there. Sigh.

So yeah, it does make it harder, and I don't know how things will turn out.

• Author

Yeah there was alot of bad things that happened at the end of our relationship and during the relationship I did alot of bad things too.

He basically told all his friends and family about me and the things I did after we broke up. He told me he was trying to get over me.

I know he still loves me and is really confused because of a couple of things he made the decision that he needs to be alone and also he is embarresed because he's told all his friends and family about these things and if we got back together he would seem weak and desperate.

His feelings for me wont go away, you can't just turn that stuff off.

Right now we are seeing eachother and just enjoying the new memories that we have. We try not to talk about the old relationship as it is over.

I don't know whats going to happen with us but I hope we can work things out in at our own pace and eventually things will settle.