What should I tell my ex?

My ex broke up with me 4 weeks ago. After 9 months in a LDR he said he didn't think we would be able to be together for a long time, so we should find people that lived closer to us. He said he loved me and couldn't imagine me not in his life so we should stay friends. I tried the friends thing for a week or two but he just started to ignore me and hurt my feelings. So I decided to go no contact for a few weeks, thinking maybe he might want to get back together if he missed me enough. After almost 2 weeks he started messaging me. It was just messages like..how are you?...lets catch up.. etc. I decide to respond but only with polite short responses like..I'm good, but busy cant talk. So yesterday I was on an online game site we both play on and he messaged me. It was just short how are you messages then he said 'I cant believe how much I miss you".

And that everything he sees reminds him of me. I responded saying me too..and that was it. We then decided to play an online game together and chatted online while we played. At the end of the game I said we should say goodbye ans he said we should but I really don't want to. We did say goodbye finally.

I guess what I'm wondering now is should we talk again or should I gnore him for a few days? If we decide to talk should I just keep it light and fun or should I just say to him..I don't want to be friends, do you want a relationship again or should we just end it for good? I'm so confused!!! I don't know what to do!!

You can't be just friends.

What you need to tell him is that you respect his desire to end the relationship but that he has to respect the fact that trying to be just friends is too painful for you right now so he has to leave you alone to heal.

• Like 3

anniek,

*IF* you both decided to give it another shot right now...would it still be an LDR???

If so, he's gonna hit you with that same shyte that he did 4 weeks ago...and pro'ly sooner than later.

Tell him what he told you with the adder that YOU WANT 'no contact' until you're back in the same city. Tell him that includes anything online including all gaming sites. Tell him you're very happy and have been having great fun looking for and finding people who live closer to you...just like he said 4 weeks ago. Tell him that was the best idea/advice he ever had/gave.