Do you believe in Second Chances? A third? A fourth?

PersonaPersona

PersonaPersona

When do you give second chances and how do they usually turn out? Do you give more than a second chance, why or why not?

I've been asking my friends and it's actually a fun topic to discuss!

I used to believe in second chances, but after my two experiences with them in long term relationships, I don't anymore. I am sure in some instances they may rarely work, but they haven't for me. For me the trust and innocence is gone; despite the initial honeymoon phase of excitement of getting back together...you can't go home again.

Simon Phoenix

Second chances can work, but anything more than that is an exercise in futility and immaturity. It's a codependent cycle between two damaged people that leaves them more damaged.

• Like 2

No, no, and no. I don't believe in any amount of chances, and I haven't even been in the dating world yet.

A friend of mine has, and he's given 2nd chances 2 times. Both times they were abused and in vain, a waste of time at best.

It entirely depends on the circumstances and reasons. Some are worthy of another chance, but many are not. It also depends on what you can and cannot tolerate. There is no one right answer.

• Like 1