Girlfriend thinks her school/work will interfere with our relationship. What can i do

I’m 23 and a year out of college, my girlfriend is almost 21 and has 3 semesters left in college and aspires to be a physician’s assistant.

My girlfriend and I had previously been dating for a little over 1 year, until she sat me down one day and said her anticipated increased workload from school and other related extracurricular activities would make her physically incapable of handling a relationship. I was obviously hurt inside but was supportive and respected her decision. Since then its been about a month, going back and forth and she's revealed multiple times she really can't live without me in her life and wanted to try to make things work, so we are trying to take things slow now. My thought process is that this will be a definitive testing ground for our relationship so I can know once and for all if it'll work. She had confided in me though recently she is scared of hurting me again. I console her by telling her she can be happy with me and doesn't need to compromise. We’ve been together through her work before and it's nothing that new. We’re going away on a little vacation soon and I was wondering what things I can do to help strengthen our relationship on this trip and in general.

She starts school at the end of August and I want to take advantage of what is left of this summer to solidify our relationship for the fall and hopefully beyond.

why don't you talk to her and set one day a week aside to have a date night and thats it. I met my ex with 2 semesters left of school and it caused me to flunk out. She was very overbearing and when I told her I needed to study she would still show up at my house. I hate her for that and if you love this girl you will give her the space to do what she needs to do for her dreams. Do one date a week and a few minutes a day to talk but no 3 hour conversations or constant texts. If all of the sudden she is out with friends a lot then maybe you need to reevaluate what is going on.

• Like 1