She started playing me until I stood up to her:

Humphrey 101

Humphrey 101

For, the past five days my ex and I began to make plans to

meet for dinner and to talk things through. Then go watch, a live performance it wasn’t until, the Sunday when she started to screw around and make excuses in order to avoid seeing me. The first excuse that she made was she had a meeting in regards; to an up-coming at 18:00 which was a lie. I went along with it and asked if she wanted to meet on Tuesday? She said Tuesday was good. Monday night

I text to confirm that we were still meeting and (she replied saying see you

tomorrow with a smiley face).

On Tuesday morning while I was at work she text me saying

she had a job interview at 17:30 pm and it was 1hour and 30 minutes outside of downtown sorry we could not meet today. So that’s when I had enough, I text back telling her that if she changed the plan one more time I’m going home and I’m never coming back.

She got defensive and said I apologize for finding a job but

this is a priority for me right now. I replied you say that all the time. She

replied saying because I’m looking all the time, I replied asking her but why 17:30? Usually interviews are done during the day time. She replied ask them! I replied ask who? She says the company I replied saying I apologize for getting defensive but I don’t understand the whole ordeal. But I did and she was screwing with me etc. I replied again asking what the name of the company is and what was her position? She replied saying Alex, this is too much… Well her lies are and I got to the point that I had enough and it was time to tell her this is unacceptable and it will not be tolerated.

It was either she respected me and stick to the plan or if she wanted to jerk around then I was out. After she went silent, yesterday she responded and said I do not think it is a good idea for us to see each other. And she did not like my reaction.

How did, she want me to react she did it twice and twice is

good enough. At least standing up to her really shed some light on to her letting her know that right now she’s angry and that means she cares. It could of being worse if she told me never to contact her again I would know right then and there I’m done.

I replied saying I rather stay on the positive side and avoid a conflict’ and said let’s try and meet next week or so. But please inform me about these up-coming events so that way I can try and reschedule.

This was strike two on my end so now I want her to be very cautious and knowing that being jerked around is not cool. And it will lead to serious problems along with no credibility. Let this be a lesson to her.

Its funny that when you called her on her BS she got mad and tried to make it seem like you were the one doing something wrong..

You did the right thing. I've never heard of a job interview at 530. That's when people are going home.

ThorntonMelon

Seems like she wants you in her life on her terms. Up to you to decide if that's acceptable.

Only thing I'd say is you're broken up. Unless you guys are trying to make it work, she's friendzoning you and casually treating you like she would a friend. Up to you to end that mis-perception.

• Like 1
  • Author
Humphrey 101

Thanks guys:

I appreciate the, positive responses and yes we were trying to work it out.

But in these, cases it can be tricky but after shedding some light on her and telling her NO! At least this is finally sinking in and maybe after we take some breathing space. We can sit down and talk and see where it goes etc. Nobody likes to be played nor to be pushed and jerked around.

I was, crushed in the beginning when we first broke up but after standing up to her I don't feel that anymore. And this time the tables have been turned!