do you think theres any chance? I stuffed up..... :(

SteakandSalad

SteakandSalad

My ex broke up with me after 5 years and unfortunatley a short time after that I met a new guy who was great! We were coupley for 2 months but were never official. I wasnt ready to make it official so soon after being dumped so I told him I needed space to learn to be on my own and get comfortable with myself before saying yes to a new relationship. (Havent been single as an adult before). I told him i reallllly liked him but i need to get rid of my baggage first. Problem is he fell very hard very fast and took his as a huge blow and hates me/blocked me off everything.

This was a few months ago and he still hates me because he is hurt (I understand and have apologised). I now feel ready in myself for a relationship and I still really like him and he knows it because one of my friends let him know a week ago. Now im still blocked on all social media but I texted him yesterday explaining I still really like him and if he feels anyway the same id love to catch up with him when he gets back from holidays which is in two weeks.

I know its highly unlikely he will even consider, any tips how to not let these two weeks drag while im waiting?

I feel sick waiting. ..he was very very hurt by his ex a few years back and I feel like he's making me into her by his reaction. Or am I missing something?

Edited by SteakandSalad

You made him wait for several months. You now have to wait two weeks because he's away. Instead of moping, be happy you have a chance. Daydream about what you will wear. Go shopping for a new outfit.

But relax.

• Author
SteakandSalad

I don't think I have a chance though :( I mean I'm still blocked on facebook, he didn't reply to my text (which may have been a good thing).

hmm.. .he sounds like he threw a hissy fit because you were being honest with him about what you were feeling. He's playing the game. No contact till you come running back. I don't know if you should even want to give him a chance. He's either a game player or a dick. Are you even really over your ex? that is a long time to be with someone. You are young and single. You have the world by the balls right now. Have some fun (not too much) If this guy fell in love with you in that short of a time then maybe he needs to experience the world a little too. You have 2 weeks. Don't wait around. Go on some dates. There are 3 billion guys in the world. You never know what you will find.

• Author
SteakandSalad

I cant eat or sleep its crazy! I just feel like im hopeful for nothing. Nothing he has said has indicated he likes me. Not replying to msgs and still being blocked doesn't look good. How long should I wait to hear from him when I know hes back? And if I don't just give up? :(

How quickly after the breakup did you meet this guy? What does "coupley" mean? That might help us explain his feelings and future actions.

• Author
SteakandSalad

3 montha after. I was still very teary, not eating, sleeping alot etc. Then I met him and we had so much fun together and he made me happy. We kissed and held hands. We Never kissed or held hands when out together at mutual functions although we would sit together. Ive never kissed anyone outside of dating so that was a first for me. So the whole situation was a bit strange for me that I was coupley with a guy but him not be my boyfriend but i went with it because i really liked him but I was still very much in coping day to day mode and would get teary if my ex was brought up by anyone.

Edited by SteakandSalad
  • Author
SteakandSalad

Also worth noting when I was with this new guy my ex would blow up my phone so much. I told him to stop and he did after a month so the secod month with new guy was great but I still wanted to work on myself. I thinm new guy thinks I went back to my ex which I didnt but he wont even talk to me to let me say hey I really like you! !

Hes been really hurt by his ex so Im not sure if hell even give me the time of day.

• Author
SteakandSalad

All in all its a combination of I wasnt ready but I just went with it, he has been very hurt in the past and me backing away trying to improve myself made him flip out and cut me out of his life. If we HAD become boyfriend/girlfriend back then it would have been disastrous I already know that so im happy with myself that I made myself back out. Im not happy with myself for the way I handled everything. I know I cant hide behind my breakup forever but it affected me more than id like to admit and I should not have gotten involved with anything but he was wonderful.

Him then cutting me out has been a blessing really, making me know what I want. I had to get over my ex fully and I had been procrastinating that for a very long time so this really helped but now im afraid he'll never give me a chance.

Im trying not to get my hopes up because he could return and not get in contact but I know ill be on edge when he gets back.

Its my birthday while hes away too but he doesn't know the date so I know I won't hear from him. But there's noone else id rather hear from! Im a bit bummed

Edited by SteakandSalad
aussietigerwolf

You may have actually dodged a bullet there if that is his reaction to your honesty.