FWB With Ex

So it looks like my ex started contacting me again and I saw her last night for the first time in 6 months. We hungout late at her place and it ended up with hot kisses and some 'hot loving'.

She claims that she only wants to be friends and not have a relationship together but I find it hard to believe that she will be able to keep having sex without wanting something more.

Right now she wants someone to hangout with, the sex, etc. without the 'boyfriend' or 'girlfriend' title. She really hates commitment.

Will she or I get burned if this continues?

She claims that she only wants to be friends and not have a relationship together but I find it hard to believe that she will be able to keep having sex without wanting something more.

I wouldn't believe it, had the same with mine, thought it may build something stronger but reality was somewhat different, felt used and abused, they get their fix and then eventually move on.

If you have no feelings for her then fine, crack on, but if either of you do and the other doesn't then someone is going to get hurt or feel used.

You maybe lucky and she could change but in my case it did not, I fell deeper in love and she distanced herself further, hence the mess I'm in now!!!

Good luck!

PhillyConnection23

You will probably get burned.

My high school sweetheart came back to me after college (5 years later) and we were basically friends whenever it was convenient for her. I still had some lingering feelings which made things a little complicated. Fortunately I realized how much different she was than the person I initially loved and it was really easy to finally end things.

Simon Phoenix

Odds of you being burned are extremely high if you have feelings. If you are cool with some ex sex and nothing more, then go for it. But if you want to reconcile a romantic relationship, this is a terrible way to go about it.

• Like 1
leavesonautumn

Honestly, it depends. I would say that eventually you will get burned. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next week but when she does meet someone it will probably feel like you're going through another break up.

I was in that position with the same person for years, but everytime we started as FWB, we'd end up being bf/gf but my situation was super unique. It really depends on how you broke up/why/who did it etc. But I'll be brutally honest, there is a 98% chance you will get burned, even if it doesn't happen in the immediate future.

It would BENEFIT YOU to be Friends with someone else entirely .

FWB never makes it past the primal stage, and last I read, humans evolved .

• Like 1

I wonder wow many other "friends" she has, or will have by the time this is done.

Just set the ground rules....and what you would be ok with and not ok with., what is allowed and what is not.....

I agree with dichotomy. Make sure you get ground rules laid out first and foremost.

Tell her what your intentions are, and have her tell you hers. Make sure there is no wishy washy stuff. I.E. I expect to get out of this relationship: Sex, Companionship, More etc.

If youre both comfortable with it... well youre both adults, you can do what you wish.

Also make sure you have an end in site. Know now how you plan on ending this if you wish to puruse someone else, and be able to accept if she does the same. Read up on the rules of FWB.

Also... just get both of you tested.

PegNosePete

You will get burned. Having feelings or hoping for a relationship with an FWB is a ticking time bomb, a disaster waiting to happen.

But it could be fun until it blows up...

• Like 1

I had a recent rebound/ FWB situation. Now the girl is in love with me. I don't want to date her. She isn't nearly as attractive as my ex, even though she is a far nicer person.

FWB sucks, it's a total waste of time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

It was fun until I found out that she has 3 other guys in rotation... She claims that she hardly ever sees these other guys and I heard way too much stuff that I didn't want to hear.

I think she is falling for at least one or two of those two guys. She seems to be spending less time speaking to me so I have started looking for something more stable. Some people can handle NSA but I wasn't made like that for sure!

I suspect she will continue to sleep around until it causes her some damage.

I would love a FWB if it was simple but the fact that she has cancelled to meet me once this week and claims that she doesn't want to meet up at the moment causes alarm bells to go off for me.

So it looks like my ex started contacting me again and I saw her last night for the first time in 6 months. We hungout late at her place and it ended up with hot kisses and some 'hot loving'.

Right now she wants someone to hangout with, the sex, etc. without the 'boyfriend' or 'girlfriend' title. She really hates commitment.

Depends... men are better about the whole 'just sex' thing than women, so she 'may' get attached... just go into it and leave emotions/feelings out of it.