LDR a second chance.

In late 2012 I went back to korea to visit friends who were teaching out there. I ended up meeting the most beautiful unicorn girl. I cancelled my flight to stay together. We fit each other like a glove. Personality and in bed. However I found out pretty soon that she was quite damaged from her previous relationships. She had trust issues and she'd reminisce about older bfs to her friends when we were arguing. Despite that, I really loved her and wanted to prove to her that she didn't need to be this way..

6 months livng together felt like a year of being together.. I flew home to begin the LDR. Few months after that, we argued constantly on WhatsApp and Skype etc. We broke up. But every so often I would talk to her, hash things out and try again... Its half life would get shorter and shorter with each attempt. In the end we decided to stay friends.

Eventually I met another girl and she fell in love with me. I was still caught between two minds at the time and I couldn't say that I fell for her the same way she fell for me. right girl wrong timing. Eventually she left me and I let her go. We had a good 10 months together. Since then I realised that I really needed some time alone from relationships, so I cut contact with my korean ex completely.

Korean ex messaged me a few times asking what's up but without a reply, later she got the hint. 3 months no contact. Last weekend though, she begins messaging me saying that she's sorry, she thought about us a lot, that she misses me and she wants me back. That if I won't come to see her, she wants to come and see me in london.she sounded quite desperate. It's very uncharacteristic of her as she's usually too proud to talk this way...

I feel like something must be wrong so I reply. She says she's working a lot, got into a minor car accident while parking and other minor things. I personally feel like she probably got dumped by someone. Or her friends are all in loving relationships.

Im happy that she misses me and that she's finally apologised. But I think the reason why she wants me back isn't necessarily a healthy one, but more of a selfish one. That she needs support during a difficult time.

I want to be there for her, but I don't think I have the same feelings for her, or the confidence to go back into that situation again. I'm sorting out my life and scarily, I'm happier alone.

What should I say to this pretty girl who wants a second chance with me?

Tell her what you posted. That you need to be alone in this time of your life as you are not emotionally ready for a commitment but you will gladly support her as a friend.

• Author

I think you are right. It took me a long time to be normal again. I'll tell her that Im not confident enough to be in another relationship right now, but I can support her as a friend until one day we meet again.

Why are you hesitant? Are you afraid of losing her comepletely?

By the way, whats a unicorn girl?

• Author

I'm afraid of losing her completely yes.I want to hold onto her but on the other hand I don't know if it's right. She might want me just as a supportive person through her troubles and I might want her just to conquer her again. Once I've broken up with someone for a while, it's difficult to get back together and rekindle good feelings. Technically the same people as before but without the moment.

Unicorn girl is like a girl you think is so amazing you are afraid to look at directly.