Asking my ex-boyfriend out

tryingtobehappy74

tryingtobehappy74

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I've read a lot of posts, and everyone seems so helpful! :)

So, I dated my ex-boyfriend for 4 1/2 months, and a little over a month ago he ended things. He didn't really give a reason why. I know he was very overwhelmed with his kids (he raises them...mom is not in the pic) and work. I sent him one text a few days later telling him I missed him. I didn't get needy or pushy, even though I wanted to!

I tried the no contact rule. I waited exactly 30 days without contacting him. I text him on the 30th day & I didn't hear back from him. I figured I wouldn't. I just told him I hope he & his kids were doing well & updated him him on me moving. I told him to take care & it would be great to hear from him. Sure enough, the next morning I received a text from him. :) That was last Wednesday morning & we have text every night since then. It's just like when we were together. We aren't flirty, but then again, he never really was.

My question is how do I ask him out? I want to be back together, and we haven't talked about out relatinship. I don't want to because that was in the past, and I'm afraid if I bring that up it will scare him away. Do I just ask if he wants to do something this weekend? How do I know if he's interested again? I feel like if he wasn't then why would he be talking to me again after a month?

What do you guys think?

When someone dumps you, you don't go back. He rejected you, you don't have any pride? It's HIS job to get you back and when an ex wants you back after dumping you, you expect him on his knees begging you.

• Like 1

This was a bad move on your part. He dumped you. In a month, he never even reached out to you -- indicative that he was fine with his decision. Then here you go and reach out and now you're trying to find ways to reconcile.

HE devalued the relationship. You don't go chasing him to make him want it again.

Where is your self-respect? He didn't even give you a reason. And texting you back doesn't mean anything more but him liking the attention you are giving him.

You're setting yourself up for hurt and disappointment.

• Like 1
Hi everyone. I'm new here. I've read a lot of posts, and everyone seems so helpful! :)

So, I dated my ex-boyfriend for 4 1/2 months, and a little over a month ago he ended things. He didn't really give a reason why. I know he was very overwhelmed with his kids (he raises them...mom is not in the pic) and work. I sent him one text a few days later telling him I missed him. I didn't get needy or pushy, even though I wanted to!

I tried the no contact rule. I waited exactly 30 days without contacting him. I text him on the 30th day & I didn't hear back from him. I figured I wouldn't. I just told him I hope he & his kids were doing well & updated him him on me moving. I told him to take care & it would be great to hear from him. Sure enough, the next morning I received a text from him. :) That was last Wednesday morning & we have text every night since then. It's just like when we were together. We aren't flirty, but then again, he never really was.

My question is how do I ask him out? I want to be back together, and we haven't talked about out relatinship. I don't want to because that was in the past, and I'm afraid if I bring that up it will scare him away. Do I just ask if he wants to do something this weekend? How do I know if he's interested again? I feel like if he wasn't then why would he be talking to me again after a month?

What do you guys think?

Well, he's a big boy. I feel he should be doing the asking, since he's the one who walked away. Granted, I like men who know what they want. I am probably partial to that.

Just keep it light, see if he makes a move.

I would say that now that you have regained just a bit of interest from him, lay off the contact. It'll make him wonder what's up and come after you