Do rebounds last?

Ex popped in my head earlier today, been a while since I thought of her. Checked her facebook and noticed the guy she left me for she has since moved in with after dating him for almost 2 years. She literally broke up with me and started dating him practically simultaneously... I was kinda always expecting that relationship to crack given it is clearly a rebound and one based on convenience for her- we were long distance.

• Like 1
Smthn_Like_Olivia

If she's been with him for 2 years and they are now moving in together, it is clearly NOT a rebound. Forget about her.

• Like 1
witmadskilllz

OP, i'm with you on this one as my ex had rebounded and are still going stronger than ever before. Therefore, the absolute strongest NC you'll ever be and forever to maintain your dignity, strength and achieve ultimate happiness.

Cheers mate!

• Author

Wow, this is crazy. Like you I was convinced they were going to marry but they literally broke up just last night... I'm shocked. The irony

Simon Phoenix

Rebounds are like any other relationship -- they can end in marriage, or end pretty quickly. I know people who have married "rebounds".

redbaron005
Wow, this is crazy. Like you I was convinced they were going to marry but they literally broke up just last night... I'm shocked. The irony

Wow, weird. It's like you sensed it.

Now is the time to swoop in for some rebound action and get her back....haha.

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of those questions that I had pondered on for a long time. My wife of 11 years started taking antidepressants for CHEST PAINS.. (no depression at all, we were in the peak of our M and life building a new business etc) In 3 months she was a different person. What once was a loving, caring wife and mother, became a child again, started drinking and doing drugs, both of which she despised... partying etc. Divorced Feb 5, 2012, Feb 12 she stated "In a Relationship" on Fb with a 19 yo kid. She was 29.

Today, they have been married for a month or two. This kid is a complete opposite of me. Opposite of what she used to be attracted to. She's now a narcissist and controlling. Controls everything in his life, as to what clothes to wear, what to do for hobbies, what games to play, etc. She's completely a loon now. And apparently it's going to be this way for good.

I will start a thread later explaining more detail about our story... but yes, my ex married her rebound of which she started dating the day of our court date... SHE TOOK HIM TO OUR DIVORCE COURT.... kissed him in the car as they left. So basically ... yeah. Rebound. This is NOT the guy she cheated on me with, fwiw.

That happened to my mother.

She dated a man for two years. They broke up, a week later he had a new girlfriend and they haven't broke up. Its been nearly 2 years.

Another one of my friend. He dated a girl for six months. They broke up. Three days later she had a new boyfriend, and they were together for 2 years.

Sometime its rebound. Sometimes its not. All depends.

It'll do you no good to label relationships. Rebound or not, if it lasts, it lasts, If it doesn't, it doesn't.

• Like 4

These kind of stories leave me feeling sick - my fiancée left me after 7 years together and hopped in to a relationship with someone else 3 weeks later...

As sad as it is, I have to agree with the posters here.

There is no label and sometimes they last, sometimes they don't. Running in to a relationship, whether you're the dumper or dumpee so quickly after a previous one (espcially a long, meaningful relationship) in my opinion is really not a very healthy or mature palce to start. It's kind of like building a house on a foundation of sand.

Frankly I'd take the fact that they had such a 'long' relationship after you as a very clear message.

They didn't really give a **** about you.

• Like 2