6 Months later - I'm in his friends circle

So I met a guy in august 2013 we started dating in September and he told me he was moving away right before my birthday in December. We had an extremely lustful relationship that turned into love (at least on my side idk even though he said it himself he loved me).

Problem: he couldn't tell me which college he was going away for or what location it was at. Hawaii California, Ny... it was confusing. Yet later it seemed his dad shoved him to go to california yet it was his choice too. He contacted me in January wanting a second chance and I kept saying no - then when I wanted the second chance he said he has no interest in me anymore. I said have a nice life and he said you too and that was it.

However after i transferred to my new school i've found out that maybe 2/3 of the people I know are his friends. Even after all this time I'm still in love with him and would give him a second chance. I've been debating facebook messaging him, in hopes of a LDR but idk if thats the best choice or not. He said he might return to here after 6 months and I'm wondering if I'll run into him since his friends are now mine.

I keep having bizarre futuristic dreams about him missing me in november 14 and about being lovers in past life and its driving me insane because I know i'd never find a guy as unique as him ever again. Opinions?

I think what would work well is to adapt the idea that the universe will decide, that for now your on separate paths and it would be better to make your life and new friends and experiences without him. Be independent and free and see later if life brings him back.

Think of this time in your life as an adventure. Go live and time will tell but put him out of your thoughts so u can free space for new people!