told her i am not her puppet

manofquestions

manofquestions

my ex have been off and on for a few months. we had been dating for about 10 months but she said she couldnt put in the time. she was starting her career and had to take care of her sick mom. i said i understood and we remained good friends and still talked and would hang out. it always became an off and on thing because she would always say she wasn't ready.

then one night my friend told me he saw her out with another guy on a date. i confronted to her and she admitted it. she said it was a date but she was allowed to since we aren't together. so i said "oh so this is why we broke up" and she sai dno, she just went out with him

a few weeks later i went out on a date and she got jealous

yesterday i told hr "im not your puppet. you cant come running to me whenever you want. i have respect for myself. im not going to sit here and wait for you while you do whatever you are going to do. you sit here and say you see a future between us. why risk that? i love you and want to eb with you but i'm not going to just sit here like a good boy waiting for you."

what you think of what i said?

Grumpybutfun

What you said to her is common sense...now stick with it and move on. I think you will find someone else who is on the same page as you and not searching for someone better than you. If a girl wants to date other guys she is still searching for someone better so you should search for someone who thinks you are perfect for her.

Good luck,

Grumps

I don't know brother, but it seems like you guys are just playing a game.. Being friends with your ex means that you must be comfortable with the other friend (your ex) dating other people, and vice versa, to ensure that you guys will not be hurt in the end..

That's the reason why I can't be friends or many people here can't be friends with their ex. IMO, you guys should sit down and talk about what both of you want. Get closure, or get back together and work at it (I know a lot of people here might be against this..)

Or just NC lol. You deserve to date other people. Everybody deserves their own happiness.

• Author
manofquestions

i love the girl and want to be with her but im not going to just sit around waiting. if she wants to take the chance to lose me its her problem

You are right when you said that you are not a puppet to your girl friend. Good relationship needs mutual love and care and the responsibility of carrying the relationship cannot and should not fall on one shoulder. It is always better to sever such demanding relationship than be caught in a marriage which has no hope.

• Author
manofquestions
You are right when you said that you are not a puppet to your girl friend. Good relationship needs mutual love and care and the responsibility of carrying the relationship cannot and should not fall on one shoulder. It is always better to sever such demanding relationship than be caught in a marriage which has no hope.

she cant sit there, go sleep around then expect me to take her back

my ex have been off and on for a few months. we had been dating for about 10 months but she said she couldnt put in the time. she was starting her career and had to take care of her sick mom. i said i understood and we remained good friends and still talked and would hang out. it always became an off and on thing because she would always say she wasn't ready.

then one night my friend told me he saw her out with another guy on a date. i confronted to her and she admitted it. she said it was a date but she was allowed to since we aren't together. so i said "oh so this is why we broke up" and she sai dno, she just went out with him

a few weeks later i went out on a date and she got jealous

yesterday i told hr "im not your puppet. you cant come running to me whenever you want. i have respect for myself. im not going to sit here and wait for you while you do whatever you are going to do. you sit here and say you see a future between us. why risk that? i love you and want to eb with you but i'm not going to just sit here like a good boy waiting for you."

what you think of what i said?

Well saying it that way is a good thing.. meaning it is another, through your actions. Don't make empty threats I'd say and welcome her whenever she wants. Next time she calls say something like "I'd love to, but I'm actually on my way out". I wouldn't mention a date unless she asks.. as she'll see right through it.