Penny for your thoughts

LordSquidworth

LordSquidworth

It was about 7 weeks ago. I shut down this past winter. Was depressed (dropped 30 points). Took me 10 months after graduating to find work and it sorta destroyed me. She left.

1.5-2 weeks ago she saw me in the yard with the dog and texted asking if she could see the dog. Following week she asked once more, and called a couple times to ask random questions. First one was she asked when I redid the closet in my room cause she was breaking out in hives all over, and the whole time on the phone on the verge of tears. I didn't really say anything. I wasn't ready to say anything, but wasn't going to ignore her.

Couple days ago I figured I'd call and say hi on my way to work (which finally went somewhere the week she left). I got back "I'm seeing someone, don't ever talk to me again, why are you calling" real cold. I said I just called to say hi and had to go back to work.

That night she wakes me up around 11:30 with a phone call. Lasts 40 minutes.

Next morning I get a:

"Morning. If you're in town is there any way you could bring (the dog) in for a visit today before I leave for tahoe. "

I tell her I'm out of down for the weekend with a friend hiking (I was). Right away she fires back:

"Why do you not say "with my friend xyz" like it's a ridiculous pet peeve but saying with a friend seems cold and distant. If you really think it's going to upset me if it's a girl I don't care"

Obviously touched off a nerve. Talk about hot and cold... day before it's we're never speaking again and 12 hours later waking me up with a phone call for 40 minutes... I didn't respond for an hour so she sent:

"Sorry. Have a good weekend we'll talk soon"

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

I shared it with an older lady while I was visiting to fix her tablet. Her opinion is the asking to take the dog to her store is a neutral place to see the both of us. The "don't ever talk to me" in the morning is frustration with me. The "you think it's going to upset me if it's a girl I don't care" is her trying to seem distant and the first half her frustrated.

She has had self-worth/self-esteem issues in the past. She won't be the first one to say anything direct, though I am surprised at how... ballsy she is just picking up the phone to call me.

I mirror TaraM. Stop talking to her, responding to her etc. completely draining....