Why does my ex want to meet up with me?

Lovely Difficulties

Lovely Difficulties

My ex wants to meet up with me, and I'm not entirely sure why. We broke up about 6-months ago now. We were "in a relationship" for 3-years, and I ended up moving in with him. We would fight all of the time, and he really didn't prioritize me to the extent that I wanted and kept me hidden from many of his friends. He basically asked me to move out, and I agreed, and it was the best decision that I ever made. Even though I miss companionship, I am doing much better being single than I was with him and am becoming more established now on my own.

He really didn't provide the commitment that I wanted, and I caught him multiple times messaging other women inappropriately. He has been contacting me lately saying that he wants to get back together, and he'll always love me. He says that he would be more loyal to me now, and he'll always care about me. I haven't been very responsive, and he does not react well to this. He says that he just wants to be able to see me and wants to incorporate me into his life but isn't sure why I don't want to see him. He really wants to get lunch sometime, but I'm reluctant. I still do have feelings for him, but I know that being together isn't right, and he wasn't good to me. He says that he would love to get back together, but if I don't want to then he just wants to be able to see me at least. I basically gave up on us and have tried to move forward with my life without him. Any insight?

Why is he trying to meet up with me?

how long were you NC?

what are your ages?

who ended the R?

you know that you can live without him.

what has he worked on during this time to make things different?

what are his views why the reason the R ended?

The big question is: Has he changed? It's not about him saying he loves you. Do you think he has changed? What has he said to prove this.

learning_slowly
My ex wants to meet up with me, and I'm not entirely sure why. We broke up about 6-months ago now. We were "in a relationship" for 3-years, and I ended up moving in with him. We would fight all of the time, and he really didn't prioritize me to the extent that I wanted and kept me hidden from many of his friends. He basically asked me to move out, and I agreed, and it was the best decision that I ever made. Even though I miss companionship, I am doing much better being single than I was with him and am becoming more established now on my own.

He really didn't provide the commitment that I wanted, and I caught him multiple times messaging other women inappropriately. He has been contacting me lately saying that he wants to get back together, and he'll always love me. He says that he would be more loyal to me now, and he'll always care about me. I haven't been very responsive, and he does not react well to this. He says that he just wants to be able to see me and wants to incorporate me into his life but isn't sure why I don't want to see him. He really wants to get lunch sometime, but I'm reluctant. I still do have feelings for him, but I know that being together isn't right, and he wasn't good to me. He says that he would love to get back together, but if I don't want to then he just wants to be able to see me at least. I basically gave up on us and have tried to move forward with my life without him. Any insight?

Why is he trying to meet up with me?

Says it all to me!

• Author
Lovely Difficulties

We dated for 3-years and broke up about 6-months ago. We were together in the same area for a year and then had to do a long distance relationship. Although there was some rockiness throughout our relationship. I ended up moving in with him, and after 3-months of living together he essentially asked me to leave. I really wanted to work through our problems, but he basically said, "I don't want you here anymore." I really did not feel like he was doing a good job of incorporating me into his life either - he was always keeping me "private" and didn't take me out with his friends.

So now, that I have left and moved forward with my life, I have no idea why he even wants to see me when he was the one that wanted me out of his life to begin with. Now he is begging to meet up, and gets really upset that I don't want to. He keeps telling me he'll always love me and care for me, and all he wanted was some space. We are in our mid-20s.

learning_slowly

I only know when I have done similar things as he has done, it is because he had doubts. Ask him what those doubts were, then you can decide if you can live with them.