Should I say Happy Thanksgiving to my ex?

teobeo94

My ex and I broke up a month ago, and the last time that we talked was 2 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago, I let it known to her that I still love her. She said she doesn't want to get back together now, but she's not sure about the near future. I know it could still be a "no" in the future, she still acts nice towards me. While I know that I should let her contact me first since I already let her know I'm waiting for her for now, should I say Happy Thanksgiving to her?

generic person

well I'm thinking you should wait and see if she messages you first, so at least hold out until 8 or 9pm.

Just say " hey I just thought i would wish you happy thanksgiving, hope you had a nice day"

That lets her know your thinking about her but doesn't require a response. If she replies then thats great because she did it on her own terms without any pressure what so ever. If not, you have let her know that your thinking of her and that's good to.

But it really depends on what you are trying to achieve from the text.

Are you trying to catch a response? or you just want to let her know your thinking of her?

You need to set a goal for each text that you send before you send it or each reply for that matter.

As long as you understand that you are wishing her a Happy Thanksgiving as a pretext because you want her back & it won't work, of course you can express the sentiment.

It doesn't really matter if you want her back or not - you've got to focus on yourself.

She doesn't want to be with you, so don't give her the benefit of your well wished.

I know that sounds awful, but let's be serious here: she doesn't deserve any thoughtful or sweet gestures from you right now. She'll read into whatever you sent and assume it's just a pretense to talk to her (which it is).

You'll appear overeager, clingy and weak. You'll also set back your healing. You're hurt right now. Any contact with her, even light and holiday related, will set you back.

Let her really feel the vacuum of your absence.

There are many of us here that wish we went NC way earlier instead of propping up our ex's and essentially helping them get through the breakup while we were left broken.

• Like 1
organizedchaos

What's the consensus if the ex contacts you first to wish you a "Happy Thanksgiving"

If you are in strict NC, do you respond? Should you respond? Is that rude or should you even care?

Or, just respond back with the same message and nothing further? If the ex responds back wanting to continue a conversation, continue NC.

Edit: Nevermind, found this thread.

Edited by organizedchaos