shes contacting me again, now what?

salem mark

after 1yr of NC, (my choice)

*And you can read previous posts for history*

She called and we talked for over an hour,not about us, more about jobs,current interests, etc.

this morning she emailed stating how much she enjoyed chatting.

what should i read into this?

anything?I cant get together with her,we live in different states,

I love her very much but dont want to be played/ hurt again but i havent met anyone remotely like her and fear I never will

organizedchaos

She called and we talked for over an hour,not about us, more about jobs,current interests, etc.

I love her very much but dont want to be played/ hurt again but i havent met anyone remotely like her and fear I never will

Read nothing in to it. It's been a year. Respond and tell her you enjoyed chatting with her as well. And leave it at that. Let her make the next move if there is one. Since she reached out first it is up to her to make her intentions clear, not up to you to decipher them.

Ftheeastcoast

If you're scared and the relationship is really just a retreat to a comfort zone, it won't work.

If you've made the most of your past year's experience and you know that you're stronger and more stable than when she left the first time, you can confidently try again. I think enough time has passed for you to see what happens. Don't just jump back in. You know each other but let her do some courting and create that positive energy.

Reuniting doesn't work often. It's not because people don't change, it's because people don't make conscious effort to learn from their experiences.

After a year I wouldn't try and reach much into it, especially not someone playing or messing about. If you can, try and approach it as if it's a new person. And just see what happens....

However, you already asking about it makes me think you can't....

• Author

im trying not to read too much into it,

she quit drinking which was a problem with her/us,

she sounded very healthy so I am intrigued by what kind of changes she has made,

ive never loved a woman like her and cant help myself

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

do not let an ex back intoyour life unless they are banging at your door,

noother way will work,

i,ve wasted alot of time and energy on my last girlfriend,

they will cause you too much pain,

just move on,i iknow its hard,

but i think its your only choice;

Oh, this is very good! Getting to know one another, each other's perspectives, thoughts, and opinions! Very good!!!!!

I cant get together with her,we live in different states,

Anything is possible, but someone is going to have to move. Just take it day by day, and if you make it there, get a new place (in other words, don't have one of you move into the other's place. Brand new start.)

Then you have nothing to lose. Not giving love a chance is a very terrible risk to take. Don't do it. Hope it works out for you guys! Try to have more of those long soulful conversations soon!