Ex of two years now seeing best friend

Firstly I would just like to say this is a complicated issue so I will try best explain it, Im not normally the kind of person to post my problems on the internet but its got to the point where Im beginning to run out of people to turn to and I am a first time poster here. Hello!

This girl is amazing, we went out for two years and then when she went to university we broke up as we got distant. Between that time she had another boyfriend for a couple of years while she was away for three years at Uni. I was upset but I got on with my life. Just this summer she had finished uni and again she came back to live in the same city. She had broken up with her boyfriend and she is single again. We spoke for the first time in three years and it was great.

For about 3 weeks after that we had a bit of a romance and I enjoyed seeing her again, we texted all the time and it felt like I was important to her again. That was until one of my really good friends comes back from Uni over the summer and starts coming out with our friendship group. Noone has seen him for a long time. Ever since then our romance had stopped and we mutually agreed to be friends so we wouldant screw anything up between us. This was before I realised my friend was sniffing around.

We went out and he found out that we were being friends for a while. He tried to get with her on the night out but she turned him down, however she was overly flirty and affectionate with him. A month since then he had gone back to Uni and had been texted her all the time, at the same time she never texted me hardly and it almost seemed like she lost interest in me. This upset me and I just felt jealous, like he had come back and been the better person for her.

After that month my friend came back from uni for the weekend and we had a small get together with drinking at my exs house. It was all good fun but I noticed they were hitting it off, he was holding her waist and they were flirting etc. I had asked them both before if anything is going on between them and they both denied anything. later on in the night I caught them together, he had his hands on her cheeks like they were about to or had just kissed, I got angry.

I started having a go at my friend confronting him, by this point we had both been drinking and it was getting heated, my other friends calmed us down and we talked about it. My friend who was trying it on said, "shes single, im single, sometimes single people get together, and also your not with her so why cant i be?" I got angry and my friends told me to leave so I went home. The next day I texted around and found out everyone had left a little later leaving my friend and my ex alone in her house. I confronted them both again a few days later after mulling things over and she still denies anything happened whislt he told me something did. Im so confused over what to do.

I want to be with her and I dont want to lose her as a friend again, yet It makes me sick seeing them together as this guy is an ******* in relationships. She says shes happy just been single atm and does not want to start seeing anyone. She denies anything is going on but everything points towards the fact that it is. I cant focus on my work and this is a really important year for me, my friend is not here often as he is in uni in bristol but when hes back they are all over each other.

I told her how I felt and we havent spoken to each other for two weeks now, she said she hasant been texting me as she was not only annoyed at me over what has happened but also she does not want to give me the wrong idea. Tbf I know I cant change anything and that if there single its not my place to go and tell them not to, but I dont want anything more to happen between them. If it did I dont know what I would do. I love her so much but I dont want to keep questioning her about this to not seem obsessive or to push her away.

Please help!