Be careful what you wish for

heretotellyou

heretotellyou

My dumper and I are seeing each other again. It's what I wanted. But guess what? She's the same ambivalent person who dumped me. The person I "got back" is one who didn't want to be with me then and may not want to be with me now or in the future. And of course I can't express any of my understandable insecurities for fear of driving her away. This isn't what I really want. I want to be with someone who is crazy about me, who can't wait to see me, who wants to strengthen our relationship and is hopeful for our future! BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR. Why would I want someone back who isn't completely and joyfully on board with our relationship? It feels terrible, so why am I not telling her to forget the whole thing? I'm going into therapy to find out. Just wanted to share (and would welcome your comments).

Yes, I understand, as I've been in the same boat before. I think it is human nature to want to belong to someone, and we tend to overlook things and hope that things will get better. In addition, sometimes we can love someone, but not like them. Sometimes relationships just have to run their course.

I'm sorry to hear that man, thats how it always seems to be though, you reconcile with your ex and then you realize they're the same exact person they were when you were dating them, the only time i can see change is if you wait a longg time for the feelings to fade and then reconnect and fall in love all over again, I hope you find someone who can treat you right and will show you the love and appreciation you deserve, good luck bro at least you know now that she isn't the one for you and no matter how bad you may want her, she will never be the girl you hope she will be.