No Contact rule does work. My Ex wants to get back.

Hi guys! If anyone of you ever wondered if No Contact (NC) really works, here is my success story. I think it's the only way to get your ex back if there is any chance. Let's get to it.

About me and her

She and I were in the pharmacy college. She's smart and probably the hottest chick in my college back then. We were together for 3 years until things got stressful for me.

The Breakup

One day out of the blue after an argument I told us to break up (already said it twice before but we decided to stay). Then the days after I knew it was a horrible mistake. Though I tried to get back I pushed her further away by hurting her and being needy. 2 months after that everything was officially broken, she told me she loved me but she wasn't in love with me. Yeah I kept panicking more and did classic mistakes like pleading, begging... My heart was shattered since she decided to see a younger guy, a douchebag who is no match for me. But what should I do? The more I tried to get her back the more I pushed her further away.

No Contact

One day when trying to find some solution on internet I came to know about No Contact rule. At that point I didn't want to hear anyone tell me to get over her. I loved her to death. But trust me I've been there done that, NC is probably the only way to get your ex back. No matter what you've done, use NC to ease the fire. Let love find its own way back.

Yeah like anyone out there, there were times when I couldn't stop missing her. Every single things I did reminded me of her. Thinking about her being with another loser just killed me inside. I broke NC rules like 10 times idk. Then comes the point when I realized that everytime I tried to contact her the one got hurt was me. So I tried to focus on me, did the best things for me. Not losing the hope I tried to think about it in a positive way.

You can't force someone being with you. They wanna be with you because of the feelings you give them. And guess what women is not logical, don't try to judge them by logic. If they choose to leave, let them. Make their heart question their head what they did to lose YOU. You are the special one.

Guess who's back

By playing my cards right I recovered from the pain and started a new life. I changed to an easy-going person and take things easier. All of the blue my ex called me for help. She even let me know that she wanted to get back. That she has always been thinking about me. But I am really in doubt now. I just got to know by accident that she slept with that guy. Holy ****! I'm not sure that I am still in love with her. So I'm letting it go, not doing anything.

I would just let her go completely. It's not easy to get over someone you love being intimate with someone else. You need confidence, a strong bond and lots of communication to deal with it.

Awesome story but honestly don't let the fact that she slept with another man stop you. You weren't together at the time, she didn't cheat on you. If you truly love her, you can get past that.

• Like 1
Simon Phoenix
Awesome story but honestly don't let the fact that she slept with another man stop you. You weren't together at the time, she didn't cheat on you. If you truly love her, you can get past that.

If he doesn't want to do it he doesn't want to do it. No need to pressure him one way or another.

• Author

Thanks for your opinions guys! I was in doubt even when I didn't know about her sleeping with him. It shouldn't be a big deal if I love her as much as I did. Love faded away when you tried to walk your way alone.

Thanks for your opinions guys! I was in doubt even when I didn't know about her sleeping with him. It shouldn't be a big deal if I love her as much as I did. Love faded away when you tried to walk your way alone.

Just because it fades, doesn't mean it can't be renewed. It could become a stronger love, who knows. It all depends on how much you each put into the relation. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

I realized that the lack of confidence is usually what causes most relationships to end. When you regain your confidence through NC and working on yourself, you usually get the thing that you've been seeking. I'm working on mine, it's difficult to keep it up the entire relationship.

Thanks for sharing your story! Is it a sucess? In a lot of ways, yes. You sound like you are doing pretty well.

My whole thing right now is I am pretty confident my ex made a mistake in dumping and will realize that at some point in the future, but I feel it will probably come too late.

I really don't want to deal with getting over her being intimate with someone else, particularly considering our circumstances and history. I'm not saying it's something that can't be gotten over, I think it can be done depending on the people.

• Author

It has been 8 months since I first said the breakup. And 6 months later I still fooled around her and her rebound like a mofo. Bad enough? I always read that love doesn't fade away and it's never too late to initiate NC. But I just thought those were lies to make you feel better to move on until I witnessed it myself. People simply don't know what they've got until it's gone, give them time and space to rethink while making a brand new you here.

I did read like thousand posts about NC and getting back but I really didn't find a real success story (well at least I didn't see the ex come back). So I hope broken hearts out there can find my post somewhat useful. Hold on to your hearts, I was once like you or even worse but now I'm shining again. God bless you!

Edited by Insomnium
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Very nice story.

I don't know about NC though. It has some good things about it.

Like that you can heal and focus on yourself.

But it takes courage from an ex to contact you and get back together if you haven't spoken for a long time. Also there is no way if she never accidentily sees you that your doing better or improving yourself.

I like to do a combination. Stay in contact but not to much. Just leave a line open. But that takes courage from the dumpee.

It al the depends on the person and situation.

But in your case it seems like there is no perticular reason she came back. You just got lucky I guess. Congrats!:)(well ofcourse out of love:P)

Edited by Farsight
forgot