Do feelings come back?

I believe you can always fall in love again if things get better..so my gf of 7 years broke up with me because she said I just wasn't there for her showing affection like I should or did before. I love her very much but at times just find myself not expressing myself how I should. It's something I'm willing to work on and have been. The scary part is that she tells me she feels like she lost the feelings..her actions tells me otherwise.

I feel like it's there but she's denying it because she's afraid of being hurt again. This is something only time and space will fix but I just want to know have anyone's feelings came back when the other person is willing to try again? The only thing I can do right now is work on myself and see her as a friend? Almost like dating all over again?

I know that one can still have feelings for an ex, but I'm not sure if one can regain strong romantic feelings for an ex, if there has been a break-up, or where you haven't seen the other person for a long time (even a year or two). I would try to get more clarity from her, maybe she is uncertain exactly how she feels now.

• Like 1
  • Author
I know that one can still have feelings for an ex, but I'm not sure if one can regain strong romantic feelings for an ex, if there has been a break-up, or where you haven't seen the other person for a long time (even a year or two). I would try to get more clarity from her, maybe she is uncertain exactly how she feels now.

We do talk, the main reason she has explained to me was that sometimes she'll have great feelings and it feels good then she is scared and somewhat push that feeling away by denying it since she's afraid of being hurt again. The main reason we broke up was because I just didn't show enough affection and she feels like it's getting old. I just don't realize it at times. I just feel like it's not gone and it's just hiding or she's not allowing it, at least not at the moment.

Is there ever a case where romantic feelings do come back eventually? She says she wants to feel like that but she can't but her actions says otherwise. Also should mention we're living in the same place at the moment until a little longer.. So that can partially affect it as she doesn't have much time to miss me and actually know what she wants.. Maybe at the moment she just feels like I'm still there.

EDIT: Don't know if it's a good idea but I would like to still hang out with her if she asks.. Still be there but I'm not going to initiate anything. I want that connection still but allow her space to think about it thoroughly. I really doubt it's gone, I feel like it's bent not broken but then again I want to hear from your perspective.

Yes I did mess up by taking her for granted but it's something I deeply am sorry for as I never meant it to be like that, just other things in life got really complicated.

I also understand I cannot force anything to happen so that's why I still want to work on myself but at the same time still be that friend of hers and just take it day by day. Then at least I could see the actual path that it will go. In her mind she wants to feel like that again but she just isn't.. That tells me if she does ever feel positive again then it'll be a good path but at the moment she's just not allowing that to happen.

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder and stronger" - Never really happened yet and that's why I want to see which path the heart will pick once there are some absence.

Edited by Stay
  • Author

Yea I think so also.. but I think she's not letting it happen in her head.. I'm not 100% sure though but I have a strong feeling that's what's happening. Your actions tend to be from your heart no? But your mind is something that is saying no this shouldn't happen and that's something time will heal?