I still b dream of reconciliation (literally, this was my dream this morning)

In case you haven't seen my other posts, here's the quick background. I was with my ex for 7 months and it ended as quickly and powerfully as it started. I broke up n with him then decided I made a mistake and was working towards getting him to warm up to me again so we could work things out. It was hard but I was just trying to be patient and tolerant and hope he would come around until I found out through an friend that he's been spending time with & openly flirting with some other woman. I was devastated and felt betrayed, I felt like he must just have me on standby. It really messed me up. The last 7 weeks post break up had been an emotional rollercoaster and I told myself I'm getting off this ride! It's so hard. I just can't let go. Then last night no have this dream and it messed me up. It was one of those crazy vivid and realistic dreams (I don't have these often):

I somehow am in his apartment sitting on his couch, as I often was. He said to me be didn't think he wanted to see me, but now that I was there he felt good and he liked it. We start kissing and he's trying to undress me but fumbles over my extremely tangled bra. I stop him and he said let's go to bed, and I go to go sleep, but he tries to advance and I tell him I can't have sex with him because I'm too fragile and I can't risk letting him hurt me. He said ok and we go to sleep. I wake up and he starts the shower for me. I get in and he comes in shortly after. I try and cover myself with my hands and ask him to please get out. I'm not ready for this. He is polite and gets out. I try and get dressed but m having more problems with my bra getting tangled and I start to get anxious and upset about my tangled up bra. I come out of the bathroom and he's making me breakfast. I tell him I can't stay for breakfast because Im meeting up with someone and have to go. He said ok and I leave. The end

It makes want to call him, or check up on him, or something... I please give me the strength not to!

Edited by swiftly333
edit
  • Author

Yes i broke up wuith him. We started taking. He said he still had feelings but was unsure if he could be with anyone let alone me, he one whom broke his heart, but we could talk and take "baby steps"..... But he was already seeing someone else when he said this!

Infnitysign
Yes i broke up wuith him. We started taking. He said he still had feelings but was unsure if he could be with anyone let alone me, he one whom broke his heart, but we could talk and take "baby steps"..... But he was already seeing someone else when he said this!

I think you're a victim of your own insecurities, because as soon as you found out he was moving on you finally want what you can't have.

Men this is how we should all move from a break-up.

• Author

Probably some truth to this... But I did make a mistake. I really wasn't wanting this. But I made the decision I made and I have to find a way to live with that.... I'm working on it.