My ex messaged me broke up with her new boyfriend.

Doktor Awesome

Doktor Awesome

Ok 2 months ago my ex and I broke up. We still acted like a couple afterwards with telling each other we loved each other. Then she told me she found someone else in December but she did reveal late December she still had feelings for me. We ended contact on January 2nd. She messaged a few days ago saying her and new guy broke up and I might enjoy that fact. She said it was due to differing opinions. I told her I still needed more time.

Later she message saying he was depressed and did not know who to talk to. It was about something only I know about that I am not getting into. We talked on Facebook for a bit about it and then she asked how I was doing. She even told me she missed me. Then a bomb dropped she said I was a friend who listens. I talked to her for a little bit after that them decided to continue with the I need more time thing.

I want her back but is it too early to accept her back in without her only wanting to be friends?

Don't take her back. She dumped you. She wasn't ready to be in a relationship with that guy but was in it anyways... he was a rebound. She monkey branched from you to him. Now that they are over, she wants to be with you because you are her security net. She wants what you two used to have, but I bet you at the first wiff of mutual attraction to another guy she will dump you... and tell you "oh you couldn't forgive and forget" or "we were better off as just friends" or "you were too clingy". No, you need to nip this in the bud now. Tell her you just want to be friends and do not want to be romantically involved with her again. She hurt you once, she will do it again. You need to do what you can to move on.

Good luck!

• Author
Doktor Awesome

Honestly she broke up with me cause I hurt her badly over some issues I was not getting help with. I am getting help for it now.

what sort of issues if you do not mind me asking? we've heard it all on here so don't worry.

If you are working on your issues, and she knows you are working on your issues... and you know for a fact that that was the only reason she dumped you, then I'd say it may be worth giving it another go ahead with her. However, if you go back to old ways, don't fix your issues, or stop working on them she will probably leave you for good this time... assuming she takes you back to begin with. We need more clarity to properly judge your situation.

• Author
Doktor Awesome
what sort of issues if you do not mind me asking? we've heard it all on here so don't worry.

If you are working on your issues, and she knows you are working on your issues... and you know for a fact that that was the only reason she dumped you, then I'd say it may be worth giving it another go ahead with her. However, if you go back to old ways, don't fix your issues, or stop working on them she will probably leave you for good this time... assuming she takes you back to begin with. We need more clarity to properly judge your situation.

I had severe anxiety issues to the point I had trouble leaving the house. I am going to mental health facility and on medication for it now.

hmmm and she left you over that? was this something you've always had, or brought about by something tragic in your life? Either way, you should talk with her and see how things go. But do realize she left you once, she is likely going to do it again, unfortuintly.

Don't get back with her. She is only using you as a fall back. Since she left the other Guy. Don't play that game. What a bitch move. I Am sorry.

• Author
Doktor Awesome
hmmm and she left you over that? was this something you've always had, or brought about by something tragic in your life? Either way, you should talk with her and see how things go. But do realize she left you once, she is likely going to do it again, unfortuintly.

Always had but she didn't notice it right away till a bit farther in. It was stopping me from moving in with her and other stuff.

Right now she seems to want me as a friend.

It doesn't sound like either of you are ready to get back together. Issues that end a relationship need to be resolved an you sound like you need to work on bettering yourself so that in a relationship you don't make the same mistakes.

• Author
Doktor Awesome
It doesn't sound like either of you are ready to get back together. Issues that end a relationship need to be resolved an you sound like you need to work on bettering yourself so that in a relationship you don't make the same mistakes.

Actually the meds are helping quite a bit. I still have the anxiety but it is not as bad as it once was. I can do a lot more then I could 5 months ago like before I could not drive to where I had my car accident 4 years ago but I did it today. The other stuff is mainly so I don't have to stay on meds for my entire life. Still gonna wait till I am less emotional before I message her again.