Broke No Contact, she responded okay. Now I have a dilemma.

throwaway_here

throwaway_here

So I'm 21 year old guy my ex is 20 both in different colleges. She broke up with me two months ago saying she wasn't happy, she wanted to just be single and concentrate on work and college. I asked was there someone else and she said no there wasn't and there isn't going to be for a good while.

So after a few days of contact we just stopped talking for a month or so then I asked would she like to hang out to catch up and she said no that it would be too much too soon, I said that was fine. A few days later I cut off contact I told her that I can't just keep waiting around on her to contact me or get with someone else and that I needed to do it to keep healthy. I deleted her off facebook and she said thought it was a good idea if that was what I needed.

Fast forward to now. I was using no contact for the wrong reason, to bring her back, and while it has helped me heal a lot I still just was hoping for her to contact me and then I thought to myself "why would she break it if I told her I needed it, if she respected me she wouldn't."

so I sent her this.

"Hey, I'm just writing to you because I need to get something off my mind. I went into no contact mode with you because I thought I needed it to heal and it has helped but honestly after a month I still think about you a lot. I know we can’t really be friends but I’d hate to think I shut the door on you completely, if you did ever want or need to talk about us or anything I don’t want you think that you can’t because of what I said. I'm honestly in a much better place now than when I wrote that message and I've been doing a lot better. I'm not expecting a reply to this I just felt like it needed to be said, I just don’t want to have any regrets when it comes to us. Hope all is going well, and if I don’t speak to you I hope you have a nice Christmas."

I honestly thought she wouldn't reply but she did with this.

"Thanks , I appreciate that and I know its something you had to do , I'm glad to hear you're feeling better :)"

Now I don't know whether I should reply or just leave it. I mean what she said was nice and I didn't think she'd reply at all but it doesn't seem like she wants further conversation and to be honest, looking at her facebook it seems shes pretty happy but I guess that could be a front cos I've done the same.

So what should I do LS, keep up light conversation and reply every few days or just leave things they way they are knowing that she knows the doors open if she wants to try things again.

She knows the door's open and she didn't ask anything about you in her reply.

She's moving on and thinks you are too. If you want more than a platonic friendship just leave it for now. Contacting her will knock you back to square one and you'll end up annoying her by still wanting to be with her.

• Author
throwaway_here
She knows the door's open and she didn't ask anything about you in her reply.

She's moving on and thinks you are too. If you want more than a platonic friendship just leave it for now. Contacting her will knock you back to square one and you'll end up annoying her by still wanting to be with her.

Yeah, I just get scared that there might be something I could do to make her change her mind but I suppose only she can do that and the more I say the more I could mess things up.