Reconnecting with ex-gf

Hi everyone, I am trying to get help understanding my ex and wondering if she still has feelings at all.

Basically, we went out for about a year, probably the best emotional feeling I've had with a girl before. She was a year older than me and so when she was in senior year she was more focused on school and I was a bit more relaxed so I wanted to hang out with her more. We slowly stopped hanging out as much because she wanted to focus on work/school instead of going with me to hangouts/parties, and eventually she said she wanted to take a break cause I upset her one day. The next day she changed her mind but I said I think a break is good, and since then we've been broken up.

Now it's a little over a year later and I am going to be moving into an apartment complex randomly that I figured out she lives in already. No big deal, but I decided to send her a message asking how the place is since I figured out she lives there. Pretty much since we broke up we haven't talked. She's very much the shy one and never initiates to a guy, she waits for guys to make the move.

Anyways, she told me the place is great and even offered to give me a tour of her apartment which I did, and we ended up basically just catching up and I realize how I still miss her and am not really sure why we broke up in the first place since it wasn't nasty or very clear at the time. I can't tell if she was just being nice by inviting me over when I just asked how the place was, or if that was a sign that she might still have feelings as well. I realize it's not usually a good idea to get back with an ex but I really did love her and I've changed from when we were going out.

Any ideas whether it's just me, or if not what is an acceptable and not creepy way of trying to contact her again to just see if she is still curious as well or if she's totally moved on. I really would like to find out since I have been thinking about her a lot...

Thank you!

Philosoraptor

If you think you're still interested then become her friend first. Make sure your feelings aren't rushing back just because you haven't seen her in awhile. If after being her friend, you want to try again... then make your intentions known. But she's different and you're different than when you were dating, so you need to get to know her again.

• Like 1