2 year rebound?

eyeofsilence

eyeofsilence

I started thinking about my ex from highschool a few days ago and i can't seem to get him off my mind! I just got out of a really serious relationship and I don't know what to do.

To help explain this situation I'll start from the beginning. 'Jason' and I dated thru our last two years of High school and when we started college we were going to stay togeather. I stayed at home and he stayed on campus but he wasn't that far only like 30 mins. so we saw eachother on the weekends and stuff. Then after first month of college he broke up with me.

Ok this is where my life starts to sound really messed up, after the second day Jason broke up with me I met 'Simon' we started dating before I even knew his name or anything which is totally not like me. But simon and I got to know each other and even though he was five years older than me we ended up getting engaged and had an ok relationship for 2 yrs. I finally came to my senses and we both decided to call off the engagement and we are friends. It's been almost three months since we broke up.

Now I can't stop thinking about Jason, I know where he works but He has moved out of his parents house and I don't have any way of getting in contact with him. I don't even know if he still thinks about me it has been 2 years after all.

Any advise would be helpful^_^

Jason is your past leave him there. If you two were to work things out you would have or he would try to find you. You haven't gone anywhere right? Well I think that because this relationship of 2 years has died you are lonely and the only other good thing you remember is Jason. But trust me you will find someone way better. You don't have to step backwards to find happiness. Just focus on yourself and set goals, find hobbies and go out with the girls. You will find there is so much more to life then just looking for your next relationship. You will find someone to spend your life with when its right. Dont settle it seems you were ready to settle with this guy of two years. That is no good. move on let go and just let whatever comes your way fill your life with new experiences.

• Author
eyeofsilence

Yeah, I guess you guys are right, I do tend to look backwards and grab onto things that I think are/were secure. i guess I'm more upset over this past breakup than I really thought and I'm just trying to find some type of life vest!

It's hard though to let go of the past when the future looks so uncertain. But thats life right? Thanks for your help ^_^