reconnecting with ex?!

lillypolo

Basically, he broke up with me a year ago because he said he just didnt feel the same way about me anymore. It was our first relationship for both of us/ first love. I know I made mistakes.. so did he, we just didnt know how to handle a relationship back then, both got a bit distant and awkward... I got a new boyfriend and learnt a lot from him. We recently ended, mutually, all is fine. But from that I found I still love my ex ever so much. However since the break up he hasn't been in contact with me- we;re at the same uni... I see him all the time due to mutual friends- he'll talk business bit shuns anything personal, tends to watch me but not approach, everytime I try and talk to him his gets all nervous and escapes ASAP etc.... though last week we managed to be in the same room together for a good few hours and I actually got a smile out of him once!Bust still finds it hard to meet my gaze.

He's invited me to his birthday party, along with about 13 other friends (which is a bit odd seeing as we never really speak), and I'm wondering whether or not it would be a good time to try and reconnect- talk to him etc... his parents will be there and I get on well with them, but do I spend time talking to them too?

Does anyone have any advice on all of this, hes very reserved and heard to read- difficult to approach, and I just need some sort of idea how to go about talking to him/ making amends because every time I do something it seems to push him away more!

Help me please wise E-notalone forum people!! xx

• Author
Just curious, how long were you guys dating beforehand? Was the guy afterwards a rebound?

for over a year, and yes, the guy I just finished with was a rebound.... and i was his rebound....yeah its odd...

I think it's fine, go talk to him. ppl learn from failed relationship. i think ur ex is a bit like younger me, both are reserved, dont talk much and have problem expressing ourselves. I was dumped by my first gf and spent two yrs to recover. During this time, I inspected our relationship over and over again, and finally realised that I was never a good bf and deserved to be dumped. I think ur ex may learn from back-check ur relationship as well. If you still have feelings abt him, why not be brave and give it another try? We always overlook the most important things in our life because of being too young and too close. Don't regret your decision when u grow old

BTW, i have question, how did u learn from ur rebound bf?