Thankful for the past three years

starwarsnerd1

starwarsnerd1

After coming across this board a week ago, it has helped me tremendously. My girlfriend broke up with 4 months ago to be with another guy. We were together three years, and I was going to propose to her on her birthday in New York City this month. I have gone through the pain the last three months of trying to be her friend. The one night we hung out, I gave her hug and said I can’t be a friend anymore, and that I will give her a call when I’m ready to talk. That has been three weeks ago and I feel the best I have. She was a great girl whom I will always love in my heart, and always would want to live my life with her. But I can’t look at the sad part of the last few months; I will always cherish the great things we did together. She came to me when I wasn’t doing very good in college, and completely flipped my outlook 180 degrees and I ended up with an Associate and Bacc. degree in Information Technology. After school I ended up delivering furniture for 9 months, which probably had to do with our breakup, since I would come home from work and never want to do anything. She would be home all day wishing I was with her and then I would fall asleep at 10pm. After our split, it became one great big reality kick, and I did get a job in my field. Even though I had quit in the middle of my shift, but that has nothing to do with her, just the job setting. But I have countless job interviews and even scored a job at Circuit City where I am the happiest I have been in awhile. No matter the pain she caused me in my heart, those actions have helped me better myself. Little things during the day trigger sadness, but I just need to tell myself that without her breaking my heart, I would probably still be delivering furniture and feeling miserable and depressed about myself; and bringing her down as well. She will always be a part of my life, my first love, and hopefully my soul mate later down the road. The moral of this is, even though it is hard at first, just be thankful to have shared a part of your significant others life.

Originally posted by bennettwebdesign

The moral of this is, even though it is hard at first, just be thankful to have shared a part of your significant others life.

I totally commend you for having this type of a parting feeling. I suppose there are some people who take the high road and have a wonderful attitude.]

Then there are the people like me.....who stay bitter, sarcastic and STILL can't speak his name without uttering a cuss word or two.

Maybe time will change me.......

THen there are people like me

Undecided. One second Im takeing the high road and acting like (well, If this is what you want I guess this is what it is. I mean you can't change the way you feel.) Then the next minute Im like ( I dont ever want to talk to you or here your voice, I regret ever even knowing you). Yeah- and still- Im not sure what is the better road to go down here. I think Ive been down them both and Im still not satisfied. Shes just lied so much I dont know if I should be civil and tell her I love her alot and miss her and hope she does well in life or if I should tell her to go piss off cuz she hurt me so bad. So confused

I understand Goatsbreath, I flopped back and forth emotionally for several months. Then. one fine day, I hated him permanently.

I was vocal to my wife as my thought would change back and forth.

I let her know that I might regret ever being married, etc. (she actually asked me this question)

I think this is what made her finally snap back into reality.

I think that the risk that I could get over her made her rethink the risk in her wanting of space.

She now appears commited to fixing our marriage. (we both know that there is no guaranteed outcome)

If we do split up, I would hope that we could be civil, but no one can guaranty that. They have to find out the hard way.