Now HE has suddenly gone NC on ME!

Butterfly5525

Butterfly5525

Has anyone else experienced a sudden, total role reversal where you were the only one who had gone through times of doing NC with your ex yet they just kept right on trying to contact you on a regular basis but now THEY are suddenly ignoring you completely? That's what's happening to me now & I've been having a pretty hard time coping with it. Since he's never ignored me like this since we broke up, I have a feeling that it's because he's found someone else that he really likes now. :(

He's dated (exclusively) 2 different girls since we split up but I guess they were both rebounds as one of them he was only official with for 2 weeks & the other one only 1 week before they split up. Both times while he was seeing those girls, he was still trying to contact me on an almost daily basis. Now...he's not contacting me at all..& he's been totally ignoring my efforts to contact him. Last time I heard from him was March 26th when he sent me two texts that day (hi & what are you up to) & I haven't heard a word from him since then. Didn't really think too much of it at first until I tried contacting him after close to a week of NC & he totally ignored me. :(

Anyone else going through something similar??

My ex bf did that to me.....

But i figure out, whatever, it's his choice.

I too can make my own choice to go NC and heal myself.

This is where you have to ask yourself what you're doing and why. If you go no contact then that's exactly what you should be doing. Not expecting to hear from him and not reaching out top him. No contact is primarily to heal yourself. To break your dependence on another. To take control of your own life. Not to wait on someone else's response or lack thereof.

When you go no contact the motivation behind it is about as important as the no contact itself. You should want no contact from him. and if he's giving you that then consider it a blessing. Some people go nc and then their exes bombard them with email, text messages and voicemail. That makes it harder.

Think of what you need, how to get there and then embrace it.

1784 said it. No contact is more accurately disengagement. You're disengaging from this person / object / addiction in order to make yourself better, well, happy, confident, to get on with your life.

Now that your pretend NC is over (and NC where you are in contact even if it's the other person making the phone call / sending the text is pretend) you're in to a new and exciting NC - the real thing!

It's going to be bumpy, but it feels great when you embrace it. Hang on tight, you're life is about to come out of limbo and start up again!

yes, my ex went NC on me as well. not hearing from him at all bothered me for awhile - -as he too used to text/call/IM me every day. but when i think about it, i'm not ready to start talking to him again anyway. and the fact that he's joined an internet dating site and is dating several other women is all the more reason for me to stay NC; even if he didn't give me details - - i'd always be wondering about who he was seeing, where they were going, what they were doing. i don't need that kind of crap running through my head. so i just stick to NC.

as other posters on LS have said, NC is really for you. not for your ex. it's to protect yourself so that you can heal and eventually get your life back. i'm pretty much over the fact that i don't hear from my him anymore. sure, there is a small part of me that wishes that he would reach out to me. but that's normal. and overtime, that hope will fade as well.