did someone else go through this?

I have been with some one for the better part of twelve years. What seemed like to me completely out of no where he confessed to cheating on me (after I pointed out why I thought he was). He has always been faithful, I am sure of it. A week later he ended things with me completely. I made all of the classic mistakes in the beginning like crying and admitting to depression. I know I was way to needy. He is very ready to tell me information about him and her. It did not take long for me to discover he was still sleeping with her. At first he said the were not serous they got along, she was like a friend. A month later I discovered he went away with her for a few days! Hurt doesn't even explain how awful I feel. He says they are a couple for lack of a better word. Here is the thing, he still insist no one can ever compare to what we had, that he loves me (not in love though), when he gets married he wants to marry me, and no one can ever compare. His family still invites me places and he seems upset that I decline the invites. Please someone help! What do I do now? Is their hope for reconciliation? Is this girl a rebound? Is there hope? Is he just playing with my emotions? I love him so much, we were engaged!

What do I do now? Is their hope for reconciliation? Is this girl a rebound? Is there hope? Is he just playing with my emotions? I love him so much, we were engaged!

I don't know what seeing him for the better part of 12 years means, but it doesn't matter. You found out about his true identity. He's just telling you the typical BS that Dumpers can say to keep you hooked in case it doesn't work out with his new woman. Yes, he is playing with your emotions and your head. Do not accept invites from his family.

WTF would you want to reconcile? PLEASE do not tell me cuz "I love him" or I will puke. Sista, he CHEATED on you!! Do you like the image of him sticking his parts in another woman? Maybe you should focus on that. It doesn't matter if she is a rebound. YOU need to make a decision for YOU. And that decision should be, especially since he cheated on you, to delete all his contact info, never contact him and move on with your life.

Can't have no contact we have a child but thanks for the advice.

Oh. Now you drop that one on us. Thanks.