Does persistence ever pay???

hoping4thebest

hoping4thebest

Just a general question.... does persistence ever pay when trying to get back with your ex (the dumper).

Has it ever worked for anyone here??

hoping for the best.... would it really be 'best'....?

break ups happen for a reason.

Sometimes, even counselling helps people reach the conclusion that breaking up is the best solution. (Counselling isn't about keeping people together, it's about helping you understand together.)

In my opinion, going back is never as good as the first time, because you've got that issue hanging over you like a shadow.

Unless you're both 100% willing to both work on it, 100% - there's no point in 'hoping for the "best" '.

Just my 20pence.

One of my friends was in the same position you are in and she (the ex gf) kept sending email after email and text messages...ect. Even after the guy cheated on her. She tried her best to work things out but he didn't want to. Needless to say she got over the cheating and wanted things to work out for both of them. In the end he didn't want to work things out or try to fix things.

So persistence did not work out at ALL in this situation! Even after the MULTIPLE conversations with my friend (ex gf) about the SAAAAME SUBJECT she felt it was the love of her life so she kept trying to send emails till one hit. It did NOT work.

All and all it takes two people for a relationship to work out. If one doesn't want to work things out its NOT going to work. I actually knew both sides to the story since they were both my friend. When he got a email from her he would just go uggg and delete it. I felt the guy was being a total ass hole but then again its his life and his choice. I also feel people need space to really think about things and she didn't give him any space. So persistence doesn't work, but one thing that will work is to just let him go.

• Author
hoping4thebest

it's just that 2 couples i know have recently gotten back together and in both cases it was the guys who persisted after their exs who dumped them.

I'm beginning to think that anyone who gets back together never comes back on here to tell about it......

I'm beginning to think that anyone who gets back together never comes back on here to tell about it......

There are a lot of people on here that have given second chances. I've given 3 to my ex. Never worked out. I agree with Tara, it's much harder after you've already broken up once.

In my opinion, going back is never as good as the first time, because you've got that issue hanging over you like a shadow.

Unless you're both 100% willing to both work on it, 100% - there's no point in 'hoping for the "best" '.

I agree with Tara.

Persistent works if both willing to get back together.

It's depend on your target..how long would you wait?..and your mindset must be alligned to make your persistent works..

Almost never. And in the rare cases where it does, another breakup usually follows in short order.