EX boyfriend wants to get me pregnant!

[sIZE=2]Me and Ex were together for just about 2 years. Lived together and were talking about marriage. We prob moved in too soon and the arguments got worse and worse. He decided he wanted to split for a while so we both could figure out our issues and eventually get back together. Well this was 6 months ago. We still talk everyday, say we love each other, hang out, and do boyfriend/girlfriend stuff. Well a couple weeks ago we had a little falling out and he started calling/texting telling me how much he lived me and cant deal with us not being together yet he still wasn't ready to get back together. He was crying and letting all his emotions out. He told me he wants to have a baby with me and start trying. He said he has always been trying that's why he nevered used condoms. I thought he was just randomly saying it because he had a few too many but its been over a month and he still tells me he wants to try to have a baby ALL THE TIME (Mind you he is sober these times lol). He says he wants to try to have one by the end of the year. Problem is I WANT a baby so badly, but I don't understand why he wants to get me pregnant yet not ready to be with me just yet? I know he loves me but what's the deal? I want to talk to him but I don't know what to say....like "we can have a baby someday but when are we going to get back together?" I'm sooo confused. He is 30 and I am 25. Please any advice would help...anyone's ex ever want to get them pregnant...is he trying to save our relationship with a kid? I don't want a baby with someone I'm not with. That's legit right?

[/sIZE]

[sIZE=2]Me and Ex were together for just about 2 years. Lived together and were talking about marriage. We prob moved in too soon and the arguments got worse and worse. He decided he wanted to split for a while so we both could figure out our issues and eventually get back together. Well this was 6 months ago. We still talk everyday, say we love each other, hang out, and do boyfriend/girlfriend stuff. Well a couple weeks ago we had a little falling out and he started calling/texting telling me how much he lived me and cant deal with us not being together yet he still wasn't ready to get back together. He was crying and letting all his emotions out. He told me he wants to have a baby with me and start trying. He said he has always been trying that's why he nevered used condoms. I thought he was just randomly saying it because he had a few too many but its been over a month and he still tells me he wants to try to have a baby ALL THE TIME (Mind you he is sober these times lol). He says he wants to try to have one by the end of the year. Problem is I WANT a baby so badly, but I don't understand why he wants to get me pregnant yet not ready to be with me just yet? I know he loves me but what's the deal? I want to talk to him but I don't know what to say....like "we can have a baby someday but when are we going to get back together?" I'm sooo confused. He is 30 and I am 25. Please any advice would help...anyone's ex ever want to get them pregnant...is he trying to save our relationship with a kid? I don't want a baby with someone I'm not with. That's legit right?

[/sIZE]

I almost didn't have to read this because the title of the thread alone is insane.

NO.....you don't have a baby with an ex-boyfriend. It would be a disaster.

EmptyPromises

do you not see what hes trying to do? hes trying to have control on your life. if you have a baby with him its his way of being tied to you FOREVER and makes it harder for you to move on.

Having a baby with someone who's got their **** together, isn't a confused little boy, and is actually WITH you and has been for a while? Sure.

Having a baby with an indecisive fool that sobs on the phone and doesn't have their life in order? No. You'd have to be an idiot to go through with that. Forget the fact that he's an ex. He's not father material anyhow - at least not right now.

trueblue72ny

if you want to start a family, wouldn't you want to do it with someone who shares the same goals and values as you? and who wants to reside under the same roof as you? so you can be there for each other? or if you are cool with winding up possibly as a single mother (think Hard about that) than cool go for it. but something tells me that is not your idea of A FAMILY. does he go to the grocery store with you? show his care and concern. help take care of chores. etc. etc. etc. idk, think about some more things that are important to you. how about good old genuine support.

if he cant even stay with you Now when you are both free as birds, what makes you think he is going to stay when you have a newborn. think he;s dedicated enough to stick it out? he sounds wishy washy just after two short years.

hey i could be wrong, but just think about it. think about your child asking where's my dad? i say at least feel strong in your commitment to each other first.

so ya, it's legit. you probably dont want a baby with someone you are not with to say the very least.

that's just my two cents.

My ex boyfriend of two years also told me he wanted to get me pregnant AFTER he dumped me. We're only 22. Personally, I think they say this to tug at your emotional strings, NOT because they genuinely want or are ready for a child. Don't fall for it, don't let him get you pregnant! A man who cannot commit to someone he claims he loves, clearly will not be able to commit to raising a child.

He's just tugging at your emotional strings, trying to keep you holding onto him without any promises of furthering a committed relationship. It's difficult to see this clearly when you're in the actual situation, I would know. But just try to see your situation from an outside perspective and think rationally! A child will not solve ANYTHING!

How rich is he ?

hahaha..

Of course you don't have a baby with someone you are not with..

The dork is just telling you that thinking that is what you want to hear so he can bang you some more and then the whole baby thing will be history since he will have used you..

At 25 you should already grasp the concept about raising a child and at 30 you would think he would stop using games to get in your pants...

Stop talking to him..

Stop talking to him..
Ditto.

Your ex has zero common sense or emotional maturity. Why are you letting him jerk you around like this? There are better men out there. Stop wasting your time on your ex and go meet someone who doesn't play this push-pull game.

Having a baby with this guy will mean you'll be a single mom when he suddenly decides he "can't deal with not being a father to his child yet he still isn't ready to be a father". :rolleyes:

Imagine how your kid would feel hearing that daddy isn't sure he's ready to be a daddy right now, so he's going to go away and cry on the phone about how he can't bear to be away from you but he's not ready to be with you. Don't doom your child with a father who is an asshat.