My boyfriend lied :/

Hello,

I've been dating my boyfriend for 4 years. He is a wonderful boyfriend. He has never cheated, or treated me unkindly. A few weeks ago... he passed out because he was drunk, and so I left his apartment but before I did I looked for his cell phone so that I could put it on the charger. I wanted to be able to get ahold of him in the morning. While I put it on the charger something came over me and I decided to look through his text messages. Come to find out he was texting his sister and he had asked her not to tell me anything about him going to the club. I had no idea the night he went and I wouldn't of cared. He told me that he was out on the boat drinking. When I read that text I was completly in shock, and decided to read others.

I found he was texting other random people that were not saved on his phone. I found a text where a girl was texting him but he had told her that he had a girlfriend that he has been with for 4 years and he didn't want her to think differently.

I confronted him the next day, and he told me that he had been feeling guilty about the whole club incident but didn't know how to tell me. He also told me that it would never happen again.

It's hard for me to believe him when he tells me he is doing something because i'm scared that he is just going to lie again.

what should i do? how can i gain trust back, and get the feeling that he learned from his mistake.