why?

Recently, my boyfriend of two years broke up with me, without any prior warning. I was, and still am devestated. He was my first love, my first and only sexual partner, and I was his.

He told me we were best friends, he said he loved me more than life itself.

Being only 18, I knew that the odds of being with this guy forever were slim, but its all I wanted, and I believed thats what he wanted too.

We have spoken, since we broke up, he says he misses me, and that he is still sexually attracted to me. I just dont understand why he is doing this. He tells me that he is happy being single, I just dont understand why he wont give me another chance.

Does he say theses thing because he feels sorry for me? Have I been so stupid in believing that he loved me? How can someone just stop loving someone?

First of all, you could show him you are a lot more desireable as a partner by being a bit more respectful of his wishes. Stop bugging him about getting back together.

Many young people need time to sort out their lives. Your ex has a long way to go, education to get, a career to plan, etc. before he thinks about settling down.

You admitted yourself that you knew the odds of you and him being together forever were slim and you were right. Both of you have lots of living to do.

Trust me on this one. Life works in strange ways, very strange ways. If he was meant to be your life partner, he will come back into your life one day...maybe in six months...maybe in six years. But my bet is you're going to find someone who lights your heart up much more in the future.

I know this hurts for you. But these things happen for a reason and it could be a while before you find out the reason...but when you do, you will rejoice!

As far as your questions about whether he loves you or not, that's immaterial. He probably loves you a lot but that doesn't give him a life sentence to be with you. It takes a lot more than love to make a relationship....I think timing is equal if not more important and the timing is just way off in his life right now.

Stop screwing your mind up thinking about this. You'll get nowhere.

are you guys still in high school? if so, he might be wanting to make a clean break before graduating, that happens sometimes. Or, he just doesn't see you as girlfriend material anymore, that happens.

whether or not the guy still has feelings for you, you shouldn't concentrate on them if he's not interested in dating you. As hard as it is, it's time to move on.