Slept with my ex. Now what?

I have been broken up with my ex for a little over 4 months. We were together for 9 months. We broke up due to his inability to move forward with the relationship and it was an amicable break-up, but sad for both of us. We had no contact for 3 months and then started talking again in January when I sent him an e-mail wishing him happy new year. In the past 2 months we have gotten together for coffee a few times, caught up, he helped me with some work research, had long talks on the phone and in person, but had not been intimate. Also - our talks had not been about "us" or our past situation. This past weekend, he joined me for dinner with two friends and we all went out afterwards. When he walked me home he asked if he could use the bathroom and we ended up sleeping together. Everything was fine in the morning and sent me a text later on saying ”Thanks for coming out last night. I had a great time.” I also noticed that he left a bunch of his stuff at my place including his watch and Ipod.

I haven’t called him and took some time to sort out my thoughts, and have come to the conclusion that I think I want to give this another shot. But it’s now been 5 days and I haven't heard from him either so now I don't know what to think on his end. I have his stuff so he will have to get it eventually and we will have to talk. Given its been 5 days though, should I start assuming he isn't interested in giving the relationship another chance? Or don’t assume anything even though its been 5 days, "take a wait and see attitude" and interpret things as they go?

did you respond to his text the morning after? If not, he might think you're not interested and be dreading the retreival of his personal effects.

Sadly, I hope you just enjoyed the sex.

He might have left his stuff over there accidentally, or because he wanted a round two of your fun. Sleeping with anyone outside of a relationship has the very real risk of leaving you used for sex. Men and women both do this.

If he wants to get his things, say youll meet him out for dinner or something. Dont bring up going to anyones house, and if he does, say no for one reason or another. If he just asks to hang out alone near a mattress, and cant do anything else - there is your answer

Kick him to the curb. He has moved on!! Didn't even have the decency to call the next morning. I hate those damn text messages.

Move On With Your Life!!