odd situation

Hi everyone;

I had a girlfriend a couple of years ago who meant the world to me. I moved away to grad school suddenely and kind of left her hanging. Soon thereafter, I withdrew and returned home partly because I underestimated my feelings toward her. She had no interest in talking to me. She wouldn't take my calls , hung up on me etc.

A long while back I sent her a thourogh email describing how I felt about her and how I felt I messed things up. I received short responses from her and her sister saying she had feelings for me but was now involved with someone. I let it be and hadn't communicated with her in a long tme ( at least 6 months) Then out of the blue I got an email from her yesterday. It was one of those generic type emails you send to a group of people. Still though I'm surprised she even sent me that.

What do I do? It may have been an accident that I even got the message. But then I don't really believe in accidents. I suspect she's opening the door for me. Should I call her or let it go?

I know this is an odd question but just know I never really loved anyone but her. I'm 26 years old and don't really have too much trouble attracting women.

Any advice appreciated.

john

You won't know until you ask her again. Tell her whats in your heart. But if she tells you she is not interested it will be time to let go for good and move on.

Its a sad situation when somebody discovers that their ex was 'the one' too late....and that he or she has already moved on with his or her life.

Getting a mass e-mail doesn't mean she's opening the door to anything. If it was a personal e-mail, I'd feel different, but it was not. She may have accidentally added you to a group list or used an old address list.

I'd forget about it if I were you and move on.

Hi everyone; I had a girlfriend a couple of years ago who meant the world to me. I moved away to grad school suddenely and kind of left her hanging. Soon thereafter, I withdrew and returned home partly because I underestimated my feelings toward her. She had no interest in talking to me. She wouldn't take my calls , hung up on me etc. A long while back I sent her a thourogh email describing how I felt about her and how I felt I messed things up. I received short responses from her and her sister saying she had feelings for me but was now involved with someone. I let it be and hadn't communicated with her in a long tme ( at least 6 months) Then out of the blue I got an email from her yesterday. It was one of those generic type emails you send to a group of people. Still though I'm surprised she even sent me that. What do I do? It may have been an accident that I even got the message. But then I don't really believe in accidents. I suspect she's opening the door for me. Should I call her or let it go?

I know this is an odd question but just know I never really loved anyone but her. I'm 26 years old and don't really have too much trouble attracting women. Any advice appreciated. john

Getting a mass e-mail doesn't mean she's opening the door to anything. If it was a personal e-mail, I'd feel different, but it was not. She may have accidentally added you to a group list or used an old address list. I'd forget about it if I were you and move on.

Thanks for the advice you 2. I agree an email like that doesn't mean much, but the subject was 'broken silence' and kind of symbolic being that she hadn't contacted me in so long. She was always kind of old fashioned and with how I screwed things up I still feel like if there is any hope for us I need to make it happen.

I couldn't expect much more of her. That's why I has happy to even get an impersonal e-mail from her.

I appreciate your insight and realize I may be blowing this thing out of proportion though....

Thanks

john