I've Lied

My ex boyfriend and I broke up in january, and we remained close. We are discussing getting back together. But I haven't been honest with him. In the time we have been seperated I have had an affair with a married man. My ex boyfriend doesn't know about this, but he has just text me and says he knows something is wrong and he'll see me when he gets back off holiday on Wednesday. Should I just be honest with him and tell him? But my friends say what he doesn't know won't hurt him. I know I've been stupid but please help!

What have you not been honest with him about? You did not disclose that in your post.

However, as far has having an affair, you do not owe this information to a guy with whom you broke up. What you do in that regard when you are not in a relationship is none of anybody's business, including your ex and your friends.

I also think you are extremely foolish to go around telling your friends about your affairs with married men. Isn't there anything in the world that can remain personal and confidential anymore?

Just forget this affair stuff and make sure you have all the wildness out of your system before your guy comes home to see you. If you want to get back together with him, let that be what you concentrate on.

What you really ought to be thinking about is why you broke up with this guy in the first place and is anything different now. Breaking up a relationship is pretty serious and most of the time there is no good reason for reinstating it and going through a lot of crap all over again.

Why are you wanting to get back with this guy? Haven't met anybody else? Bored? Horny? I hope you're real sure that's what you want to do.