What's the point in my ex's texts?

Long story short...me and my boyfriend have been broken up for a few weeks now. He just graduated and started his real job, told me he didn't want a committment (even though we have been together for over a year). I am home for the summer where he lives and thought he may contact me b/c he said he wanted to stay friends.

Well he texted me a couple days ago just asking me how the rest of my semester went so I responded, just trying to be nice in hopes that maybe we will get back together. I told him that if he wanted maybe we could grab something to eat sometime. He said sure as long as i wasn't seeing anyone. I said alright. He then texted me again asking if that was a yes or a no to if i was seeing anyone. I said no b/c its the truth. He then told me he hoped I found what I wanted and needed and then asked me if I have kissed or gone further with anyone. I told him I hadn't b/c its the truth...I just haven't had the desire to hook up with anyone (but I don't want him to know that)

I still love him very much and miss him but since he was the one to end things

I'm wondering why he wants to know if I've hooked up with anyone. I do want to be with him but I feel like in this situation he needs to be the one to come back to me b/c of his committment issues. So whats the point in those text messages? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks! :-)