A bit weird situation

waitingforlove

waitingforlove

Hi everyone,

My situation is a bit strange, so I don't know if there's a second chance at all, or even if there is, whether or not I would still want it by the time it comes. So here it goes. I went out with this guy for about five months. The first three months were perfect; he came on very strong and was always very affectionate and caring. Then I brought up the subject of commitment/exclusivity and it all went downhill. He said he didn't want a serious relationship and wasn't sure if he ever would want one. During the last two months of the relationship, it was sort of "on and off," there were some good times and some not-so-good ones. He complained about the tension between us. I backed off and whenever I did that, he would come closer. But then a week after we last hung out (when we had a good time), he told me that he was going to go out with someone else. I asked if they were exclusive and he said no. After much conversations, he said he still wanted to be friends and he thought that perhaps after taking some time apart, we might try hanging/going out again. At first I accepted that offer, but then I couldn't do it. I broke down in front of him and cried. He sent me a nice email later telling me to take care of myself, saying that he hoped that someday we would regain our friendship, and so on. A few days later, I sent him an email telling him that I forgave him but didn't want him back anymore (at that point I really didn't), because just imaging him with another girl made me nausea. I felt like he was only using me (though I never slept with him). Anyway, I said I didn't care whether or not we would be friends anymore either -- I wouldn't mind if we did, but wouldn't care if we didn't either. He replied saying that if there was anything I needed, I could always call him.

Then I ran into him yesterday (we work at the same place - yuck!) I tried to ignore him but he went out of his way to come say hi. He asked if I got his email, and I said yes and thanked him. Then he said again that if there was anything I needed, he would be there for me. I said, "I don't know ... I don't want to bother you anymore, but I appreciate your offer." Then we said bye. And I ran into him again today, and I really didn't feel comfortable so I tried to look away. He asked if I was okay and I said yes. He then said, "have a good day," and I said "you too," while walking away.

I don't know what to think anymore. I guess what I miss the most is his companionship, and I'm starting to think that perhaps I still want to hang out with him just because I miss what we once had as friends. But on the other hand, he has another girl now. Knowing him, though, they may break up in a few months. He has a long series of short-term relationships; he can't even remember how many relationships he's been in! I don't think he's a good relationship material, and yet I miss him and want to get back closer to him. Perhaps a part of me wishes that I would grow on him over time, but another part doubts it. Anyway, do you think he will miss me or want to get back with me in a few months? Any insights appreciated. Thank you so much!

the guy is a good player , date as many women as possible without commitments. dont even bother if you are not looking for something long term and serious. meet n date other guys and over time you will be over him.