moved too fast...how to make it a fresh start without messing it up?

NightsInWhiteSatin

NightsInWhiteSatin

Where do i begin...

A year ago, my ex broke up with me. First loves etc. He broke my heart etc and i ignored him for a year because of the way he treated me. Well after a year of him trying to contact me i gave in. We've got back in contact, everything was great saw all his mates again which was good, me and the ex clicked straight away. Then gradually we have picked up where we left off...as a couple...we both agree it's weird...but a good weird...and that we've rushed into it too fast. He said he feels should be making it up to me and working for my affections and attention. Also it doesnt feel like a new relationship because of the way we just slipped back into it. It's been a month now since we got back in touch...and i feel a little overwhelmed with it all....i really want to begin from scratch but is it too late now we have slipped back into the way we were before? I feel i've let him back too easily and so does he...i just need some advice on how to change this in some way....like maybe set rules for ourselves...no sex...maybe only see eachother once or twice a week....spend time alone without a million people around us like it has been...so we can rebuild emotionally between us....i dunno what do you guys think...i'd really be so grateful for any input.

The only downfall i can see with getting back together so soon is falling back into old habits and taking each other for granted.

Since you already did the deed and got back together. How about spending less time together (keep those activities with friends/yourself), and make the time to see each other maybe 1x a week - so it wont feel so overwhelming. And who knows gradually progress to see more of each other or not.