Phone Call

insomnie

I got a call from my ex today, after not hearing from him for more than a week (he called on approximately the 20th just to chat).

Again, it was a phone call about absolutley nothing. I was busy and after about 5 minutes I asked him if we could talk later, maybe that night. He said ok.

After checking his facebook, though, I noticed the girl he's possibly seeing now had left a message...and that completley turned me off from calling him back. So I didn't.

He called agian at 1:30. I didn't pick up.

What I am trying to acheive is for him to really WANT a relationship with me. Don't know how realistic that is, but I'm not goign to settle for less- like being backburner or booty-call girl or entering into some kind of sick love triangle.

My question is: in order to get a second chance and an honest effort this time around from him, am I proceeding correctly? What should I do now? Call him tomorrow? Wait for him to call me again? Should I have picked up the 1:30 phone call or called him back tonight? I just wanted to show him that I wans't on his leash...he used to break plans like this all the time, after all.

I wouldn't call him back until he initiates contact again. Make your conversations brief with him and make him do all the work. He may want you as a friend he may want you as more, who knows.. By making him take all the effort it will make him make up his mind quicker about you, that's for sure. Also, just make sure that if you are going to talk to him when he calls that you're emotionally stable and if he brings up other girls you're ready for it.

I'm in the same boat... you're thinking, if I don't call back, won't I ruin the chances? No.

He's with another girl, you say? Then you calling back or him calling really doesn't make a difference until he's not with her.

I think you should wait until he contacts you again. Keep the conversation light, and maybe you guys can become friends VERY slowly. However, if you do this, you have to be really conscious as to whether or not he's getting his cake and eating it too. (Him getting the blessing of having your friendship while dating another girl)...

• Author

Ugh. I thought I was strong all day, thought I was over caring whether or not I ever tlaked to him again....and now I miss him so much it's taking me all my willpower to resist calling =(.

I did text him "happy new years" today. No response.

Then I got on AIM and sent him another message. Again, no response.

I'm guessing it's safe to say the ball is very well inside his court. No doubt about it. And yet, I can't help feeling like I screwed up by not picking up last night. And I miss him SO DAMN MUCH right now that my love is the only thing I am sure of. I feel it so strongly I almost can;t imagine that he could say anything other than "I miss you too" if I were to call.

And yet, I know that's wrong....