Proof you will be ok!

chocolate_boy

Hi people, been a while since I was on here, but thought I'd pay a visit, since this weekend just gone was the one year anniversery of my last break-up. My then girlfriend and I returned from a vacation together (hell!) and I was distraught as we broke up then... Did the whole meet up for lunches, write her letters, and eventually last November I got pissed at her and haven't spoke to her since.

So one year on...

NC was the best thing ever... xmas and new year were hard, I felt very down... along came what would have been our anniversery in Jan.. valentines day, she tried to contact me a few times, I stayed firm and didn't reply to any contact.. I threw everything of hers in the garbage, all of the reminders, all the photos, all the cards, letters, any clothes she had left at mine.

Gradually month by month I started to miss her less.. until about May when I began to stop thinking about her, and was happy and content without her... along came July and I met a new girl... we have now been in a proper relationship for two months and we're really happy together, and the ex is but a distant memory.

Since the 1 year has passed I thought I'd come here to share my story, and that I'm now happy again. I have been through 2 break-ups on this site, and its always here when you need it.. I hope I'm not back, but should I ever go through it again, know you'll all be here.

And for those who are suffering at the moment and starting that journey, learn from it, you will get better, I promise, and a year from now, remember it and look back and hopefully you'll have come far too.

Good luck my friends, see you around.

Choccy xx

superconductor

Congratulations on your healing, my cocoa-covered friend.

NC is hardest around the holidays, that's absolutely true, but it's also when it has the most benefit.

Good on ya!

• Author

Absolutely, and incase anyone is in doubt, the only way I got through it and healed is because I STUCK TO NC!!! It's essential.

Thanks for posting. I am going through a breakup right now and while it is really rough, your post cheered me up a little and helps me think everything may turn out ok in the end. :bunny:

Hey,

along came July and I met a new girl... we have now been in a proper relationship for two months and we're really happy together

Alright Chocolate_boy!

Glad to hear things are going so well, thanks for the update.

Ariadne

Chocolate boy! I haven't heard from you in forever. Glad to hear you are doing good and you have a new beau:). As you were gone I decided to come up with a new name so this is my name:)

Its been about a year for me CB and trying to move on has been tough bc I am still friends with my ex and we talk to each other every other day. I am trying to be strong and see if I can move past my love for her.

I was wondering, do you still have any feelings for your ex?

Its been about a year for me CB and trying to move on has been tough bc I am still friends with my ex and we talk to each other every other day. I am trying to be strong and see if I can move past my love for her.

I was wondering, do you still have any feelings for your ex?

LIL- a year isn't enough time to be over someone really and your never going to get over her if you stay in contact with her..

Lost Girl Next Door

CB - thank you so much for your post. good to hear that somewhere down the line this all becomes a distant memory and you do HEAL....

so encouraging - thanks so much:D

and yes - Love in Life dude - take it from me...Switch to NC. I tried the same thing as you - we kept in touch every other day or so and he has since moved on. Just never told me, as he didn't want to hurt my feelings - whatever. Trust me it hurt just as much as the day we broke up to finally have him come clean on that. So now I am in total NC. It is the only way dude or you will never get it over it. It is like you are prolonging the healing that way -

Lost Girl Next Door