The rubber band theory

Diver012

I ran across this on another site. Its a psychological tool used to help people change patterns of behavior, kinda like shock therapy. It goes something like this:

Put a rubber band around your wrist. Every single time you start thinking about your Ex, snap the rubber band. Your mind will associate the thought you are trying to change with physical pain. They say that if you do this enough, you will eventually stop thinking about it and let it go. It also "Snaps" you out of your current thoughts. The sudden pain of the rubber band hitting your skin, will shock you out of your thoughts.

I have tried this and it helps. I would like nothing more than to move on to a better relationship, as quickly as possible. I know many of you would LOVE to move past your current states of mind. I dont know if this will help you or not, I just wanted to share this with anyone looking for some help...

Best Wishes and Happy thoughts!!! :):bunny:

Brittanyjean06

Well you see, If I were to snap a rubber band everytime I thought of my ex, people would think I were going nuts.

haha

and plus a rubber band doesn't hurt too much, how much punching your self in the face a few times

I'll try that one!!

jkhaha

• Author
Well you see, If I were to snap a rubber band everytime I thought of my ex, people would think I were going nuts.

haha

and plus a rubber band doesn't hurt too much, how much punching your self in the face a few times

I'll try that one!!

jkhaha

hehe..... :)