just a simple question that needs a simple answer about an ex

Brittanyjean06

Brittanyjean06

Now how long did it take for you to get over each of your ex's, all the same time? or longer?

StussyMagnet

All took different lengths of time. I remember my first serious girl breaking up with me when I was 18, It rocked my world and I really felt like I wanted the world to swallow me up and I 'mourned' for about a year. Now I look back and laugh and thank my lucky stars she did break up with me cos she was a nutter.

And from one extreme to the other. My last girlfriend broke up with me about 6 weeks ago (we had only been dating for 3 months) and I can honestly say that I am over her already. She didn't deserve me and I knew it even when we were dating. I'm just too much of a chicken to do the breaking up!

I am sorry you are still hurting Brittany, but, as everyone on this board will tell you, it can and will get better/easier. Just remember, that which does not kill us makes us stronger. You will emerge from this a better person with more self-worth and higher self-esteem.:D

Yup, all different here too.

Anything from the next day, to the longest I think was about 6 months truely.....most are a few weeks to maybe a month or so.

All down to the person and type of relationship, however, I would imagine the fact that most of us are on here now, that most of us feel like we are at the same point of depth of feelings, i.e. the one that is going to be the biggest struggle to let go of?

I've never felt the need to do this before and never struggled so much before.

• Author
Brittanyjean06

Thanks! it has gotten easier, but I can feel that this one will take a long time before I can easily look back and not feel this stupid ache maybe one more year!

I am just curious to know about everyones situation and how long it took

thanks man I feel stronger already lol!

I think it depends on whether or not you've actually reached the point where you've completely had it with the other person, and have come to the conclusion that it's never going to work out. this can take months, or years, or whatever amount of time it takes you to accept the fact that its over and that you're ready to move on with your life. After breaking up and getting back together with my ex over a span of 4 years, I've finally decided that this time it's over for good because I don't really care about reconciling anymore, or I don't even question whether or not we should give it another chance.

chocolate_boy
Now how long did it take for you to get over each of your ex's, all the same time? or longer?

Only counting the serious relationships!

1st - 6 months

2nd - 4 months

3rd - 2.5 years!

4th - fazed out didn't really need to get over each other

5th - broke up last sept, over her by about feb this year.

You always move on eventually.

Hello again!

For me I once had a 3 month relationship that took longer than the 2 year relationship. The getting over time 2 year one was even before the 3 month one. Go figure.

2 year relationship getting over period was about 3 months

3 month relationship getting over period was 6 months.

No time at all. I just chalked the vast majoirty up to experience, and moved on.

What's the point in wasting your time pining over an ex?!

Plenty more fish in the sea! ;)