He didn't even acknowledge my birthday.

Star Gazer

Star Gazer

Today is my birthday. Ex-BF broke up with me just FOUR days ago...the result of being "incompatible," not like either of us "did anything wrong." I kinda expected/hoped to hear SOMETHING from him...a text, an email...anything, just to acknowledge my birthday. But nothin'.

And I know Myspace is the devil, but I find it interesting that he changed his song to a mopey one, and his headline is suggestive that he doesn't want to know what's going on in my life...however, my profilepeep service reflects that he is looking at me. Why?

Why?

:( :( :(

Zeppelin456

uhhh yeaaah. delete him from myspace. trust me do it now, or else it will take you weeks or months to come to that realization yourself.

What a jerk! Get rid of this loser. He dumped you right before your birthday and then didn't even have the kindness to call you. He's not worth it.

The thing with peeping at someones 'myspace' is that you tend to read things into it!

If he wanted to call or talk to you your birthday was the prime time for him to do it!

You deserve better!

And Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!! Go and have a blast with your girlfriends!

Today is my birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!:bunny:

Why?

Maybe he's trying to make a point, maybe even to himself. He's attempting real NC, you should consider it too...

however, my profilepeep service reflects that he is looking at me.

Ummm selfish question, what's that? I've tried a couple of "codes" to see who looks and none works.:mad:

Sorry about your birthday. I have had past experience with that as well.

As for him looking at you, he wants to see that you are moping over him. Don't do it. If he wants to be with you, he will contact you, not stalk your myspace. The question is... Do you want to be with someone who doesn't send you good wishes on the day of your birth?

KittenMoon

I think guys are stupid... well, most of the time. He probably wasn't sure what he should do and he erred on the side of caution because he was afraid of getting a potentially bad reaction. He probably doesn't quite grasp how insensitive it was to ignore your birthday.

I saw my ex the other day and he told me my hair looked nice (I cut it since the break-up) then profusely apologized as if he had said something horrible to me. Why? Probably because he feared his compliment would mean more to me than just "my hair looks nice". Granted, this is more trivial than a birthday, but do you get my drift? He was probably just scared.

And Happy Birthday.

I think guys are stupid... well, most of the time. He probably wasn't sure what he should do and he erred on the side of caution because he was afraid of getting a potentially bad reaction. He probably doesn't quite grasp how insensitive it was to ignore your birthday.

I saw my ex the other day and he told me my hair looked nice (I cut it since the break-up) then profusely apologized as if he had said something horrible to me. Why? Probably because he feared his compliment would mean more to me than just "my hair looks nice". Granted, this is more trivial than a birthday, but do you get my drift? He was probably just scared.

And Happy Birthday.

First, Happy birthday Star Gazer. My ex called and left a blank voicemail.

I resent that guys are stupid comment! ;) We're not mind readers. :p

My feel on this was he wanted to see what you would do, confused reaction as in it was a few days before your bday. I wouldn't now what to do. If it was incompatibilty then leave it at that. If he calls, says hi, sends email, whatever, he opens it up to conversation. No point opening the door of hope for you.

KittenMoon

I resent that guys are stupid comment! ;) We're not mind readers. :p

Ok, I will change that. Most guys are oblivious and in a total state of avoidance of everything unless it directly bothers them. I swear if there was a dead body in the living room they would ignore it until the woman got home, and when she freaked out only THEN would he be like "Oh you WANTED me to call the police? I'm not a MIND READER!"

Unless of course it got in the way of him playing video games or something. :lmao::lmao: :lmao:

Ok, I will change that. Most guys are oblivious and in a total state of avoidance of everything unless it directly bothers them. I swear if there was a dead body in the living room they would ignore it until the woman got home, and when she freaked out only THEN would he be like "Oh you WANTED me to call the police? I'm not a MIND READER!"

Unless of course it got in the way of him playing video games or something. :lmao::lmao: :lmao:

I don't know about others, but if I was playing video games and YOU walked in front of the tv in lingerie or starting something sexual. I think I've read you're mind! :lmao: :lmao:

A bath/shower, sex with an SO over ie. video games, is high in my book.

I do have to admit sometimes I am oblivious to situations, like a girl staring or sending signals.

KittenMoon
I don't know about others, but if I was playing video games and YOU walked in front of the tv in lingerie or starting something sexual. I think I've read you're mind! :lmao: :lmao:

A bath/shower, sex with an SO over ie. video games, is high in my book.

I do have to admit sometimes I am oblivious to situations, like a girl staring or sending signals.

I do accept that guys are many time, oblivious. Even if you tell them something. Or write them a note. Or yell and scream and write it in 3 foot letters of blood. (note: I have yet to do this)

It just continues to drive me nuts. I'm a blunt person, I don't want my mind read, but I do want basic consideration of the things I want.

A perfect example is a shopping trip I took with the ex's cvnt friend the day before we broke up. He NEVER knew what to get me as a gift for ANYTHING. Shopping with her, she was like, incredulously, "HOW does [my ex] NOT know what to get you for gifts. You point out EVERYTHING you like." And I do. And he never cared to remember it or write it down. It was a world of oblivion.

I just think a lot of guys are like this. Not trying to hijack thread into a different topic, but I think this can easily be applied. He may be thinking "SHe wouldn't want me to contact her or say happy birthday because it might upset her..." when in reality he's doing the easiest thing for him.

Today is my birthday. Ex-BF broke up with me just FOUR days ago...the result of being "incompatible," not like either of us "did anything wrong." I kinda expected/hoped to hear SOMETHING from him...a text, an email...anything, just to acknowledge my birthday. But nothin'.

I don't think any ex could possibly do the right thing in this situation. I've seen other posts where the ex does make contact and that pisses off/hurts the recipient, as well. After a recent break up there isn't much an ex can do that will bring joy to your day, y'know?

Happy happy birthday! :bunny:

RecordProducer

Happy belated birthday, Star Gazer! :bunny::)

He broke up with you so you should accept that it's over. the ball is in his court to call you if he wants to be with you. Even if he wants to know what's going on in your life or still likes you, it doesn't help you much. He doesn't want you in his life. :(

But you're a beautiful, smart girl and will find the right man for yourself. Why waste your energy on history?

I don't think that people who break up before birthdays are jerks. I think they simply don't love you.

HA:bunny: :bunny: Y BIRTHD:) Y!

As for the ex, since it's like four days, it's a tough one to assess. Perhaps he doesn't want to get your hopes up..if he wishes you happy birthday then maybe you'd expect him to celebrate it. So turn a new leaf that's what birthdays are for. It's your day/night to do as you please and celebrate YOU. Pamper yourself!

happy belated birthday.

Frankly i think it's good that he didn't wish you a happy birthday, cause it would probably cause you to go more insane than if he had. I had an ex come to my bday and ended up kissing me after being broken up for half a year. She blamed it on alcohol, go figure huh. but boy did it make me wonder if there was more to it than just the alcohol and it turned it out that she was just crazy and i'm glad we're no longer together. but if she didn't show up or do anything, i probably would've gotten over things a lot sooner but being in contact always gives you false hope cause you're always thinking that you'll have that chance to get back together.