Up too early

KittenMoon

Ug... I'm up way too early for a sunday. And miserable to boot. I don't know what it is... most of last week I thought I made some great strides coming to terms with my break-up. I put aside the break-up itself and the immediate issues surrounding it and focused on what was going wrong prior to that. I realized that some of these issues were things I tried to deal with, but which would have ground me down over the years. Such as the fact that he made it clear to me many times that his career would always come first. :(

And yet the past couple of days he's wormed his way back up on that pedestal. Every time he was mean, immature, and just the little things that drove me nuts about him have dissapeared and I can't seem to focus on them or get mad at him. Maybe it's just the nice sunny weather- we always seemed to love each other the most on those kind of days.

I know this is kinda weird, but sometimes I just forgave him for anything because I didn't think he realized how he was acting- like you forgive a child for a tantrum after a brief time-out. I know I shouldn't have acted like that, I should have had stronger boundaries and made it far more clear what was not acceptable from an adult in a relationship, but he was so hard to stay mad at.

I hate feeling this sad.... well, off to the flea market. Hopefully that will cheer me up.

Well, somewhere between your sleep schedule and mine, there is a balanced one. :laugh:

I think it will be a slow up and down ride for a bit while you are figuring out your part (and his) in all of this. I don't know what the lessons are for you to learn through all of this-- stay open. I believe relationships are opportunities to heal/face wounds/issues from long ago, whatever yours are.

Lots of projection with the above, but if any of it fits, run with it.

Hope you found some treasures at the flea market. :)

• Author

Hope you found some treasures at the flea market. :)

It was a fairly good day for finds. I got a very lovely necklace from the 50s (I collect vintage costume jewelry) and a book of old newsprint comics for a friend of mine who loves that stuff.

Trying to clean and keep my mind occupied... I've had a bit more luck ressurecting the a**h*** version of him in the past few hours...